Sign in to follow this  
teenflon5

Somewhat disappointed - Still a Beta game

On my KMIA/MYNN flight I did have one annoying issue that I got the sense was related to the window focus thing (but isn't that). I was flying around and suddenly noticed I couldn't scroll the VFR map. Then I realized I couldn't adjust anything in the cockpit, but the mouse still worked for views and the controls all worked. I was getting a bit frantic as I needed to start to descend for my arrival. About a minute later it suddenly all started working again. ????? Total  mystery.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

6 hours ago, DreamSkywards said:

Fantastic visuals, absolutely PLAGUED by stutters.

Removed it from my system. Just can't use it like that. Tried everything short of reinstalling Windows 10 (but did reset it), nothing works.

i7-7700K and 1080Ti.

Must have detail or resolution turned up too high.  I have just flown in FS2020 for 6 hours with butter smooth FPS.  

i9-10900K, 2080ti, 32Gb.  

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD
External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

4 hours ago, Flyfaster said:

Between the load times and CH not functioning, after a whole day with this have not been able to fly anything even once! So far use the 'AI' for takeoff, and then AP to control the flight (after falling asleep waiting for the flight to load). So much for landing....  lol

Strange.  It loads much faster than P3d V5 for me!

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD

2 hours ago, ANA2527 said:

I've been trying to fly all day and finally gave up and just uninstalled it from my system. I was fortunate this morning and had no problems downloading and playing. I did notice it took a few minutes to load. My main issue is with the game button programming. In my opinion, very different from FS2004, FSX, and P3D. I'm not a fan of trying to control the joystick with one hand and using my other-hand to control the mouse so I scan the gauges. I'm use to using the POV hat-switch on my joystick to scroll around. I've tried reprograming the buttons but it's not the same.

The eye candy is phenomenal! Definitely a new level of flight simulator. I'm not bashing this new sim. You can tell a lot of work went into creating it.

This is my only complaint. Maybe someday I'll reload it and try again.

Mike Franks

You uninstalled fs2020 with 'phenominal eye candy'  because of a button programming issue on day 1?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Hmmmm....I’ve had no problem re-assigning most all camera controls to behave almost identically to X-plane. You may want to go back over your setup and adjust things.

As for the game it is truly only a game, if you search any of my posts from the last few months I stated it would be released as a game and not a flight simulator.

Today, I stand by what I expected. It’s only a game at present!

Tried to think of the best word, but I can only think of responding 'rubbish!'  Just used FS2020 for 6 hours and am stunned with how good it is!  

Oh wait isn't Prepar3d v5 full of bugs...at least that's what I from a director of a major flight-sim company that is well known. His advice is to stay with v4.5 which I will do.

My plan, visuals/screen-shots from MSFS2020 and flying the big birds with P3d v4.5. 

15 hours ago, mwilk said:

Some of us tried to tell them but I'm guessing the bean counters won out.

Unfortunately it was only SOME because too many people wanted to take a back seat and say DON'T WORRY, it'll be fixed in 10 years this is just the start.  YEAH OK, when you give a bad taste with a first impression it'll be hard to keep a following unless they fix all the major items, INCLUDING the doors not opening!

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

This is why I decided to wait about six more months before switching to MSFS2020.  I know most can't wait and that is cool. I can only devote just a few hours per week to flight simming, therefore I'm a very light simmer.   I just want a more finished product.  Eventually, I plan to totally switch to MSFS2020 and uninstall P3D.  I also need to wait for the Thrustmaster TCA throttle and add-ons.  Hopefully, when I get ready to purchase many bugs will be fixed and third party add-ons . ie., PMDG, will be well established.  

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

You uninstalled fs2020 with 'phenominal eye candy'  because of a button programming issue on day 1?

Yeah seems he must be a Harvard Grad,,, nothing but the best or I will cry me a river

Edited by peppy197
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, carmined said:

YEAH OK, when you give a bad taste with a first impression it'll be hard to keep a following unless they fix all the major items, INCLUDING the doors not opening!

A door not opening is not a major item. What are you going to gain by an open door? Are you going to go to external view at the gate and open the door. Have a look. Close the door. Now I can fly. 

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

For those of you that have the premium deluxe version, the non g1000 c172 is fantastic. Really well modelled.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanh said:

A door not opening is not a major item. What are you going to gain by an open door? Are you going to go to external view at the gate and open the door. Have a look. Close the door. Now I can fly. 

Maybe for GSX?

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

15 hours ago, wim123 said:

am i the only one who is really happy with it?? funny.

No, I have enjoyed it for more then 2 months, not perfect, but way better than the other games I have uninstalled.

Greetings  Kurt

MSFS, X-Plane 12

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, 32Gb ram, RX 5700 XT 8Gb ram, 1TB SSD

6 hours ago, ANA2527 said:

My main issue is with the game button programming. In my opinion, very different from FS2004, FSX, and P3D. I'm not a fan of trying to control the joystick with one hand and using my other-hand to control the mouse so I scan the gauges. I'm use to using the POV hat-switch on my joystick to scroll around. I've tried reprograming the buttons but it's not the same.

Maybe I am not understanding the issue, but you can use your POV hat-switch to scroll around to view your gauges. I have been able to be in the cockpit view and use the POV hat-switch to look around. By the way, did you set up Instrument Views? That is an excellent way to look at your instruments. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

3 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Must have detail or resolution turned up too high.  I have just flown in FS2020 for 6 hours with butter smooth FPS.  

i9-10900K, 2080ti, 32Gb.  

Good for you, but I did say I tried almost everything short of reinstalling Windows. You can assume that playing with every settings was one of the most obvious first steps...