Sign in to follow this  
Gumerson

P2ATC + FSUIPC 7 beta works with MSFS 2020

Hi, 

This is for share with you all my excitement that I've been able to make working Pilot2Atc with Flight Simulator 2020 thanks for the FSUIPC 7 free beta released today. You can take a look at this video I have streamed for testing purposses. 

I had to set Ignore Avionic switch on and just connect and go. English explanation in the video begins at 4:10

Cheers!

Richard

• Like 1

I will be trying it tonight with the WideFS, however the impact of the Simconnect issues has be worried about stuttering.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

I got Pilot2ATC connected to the sim but because its a SimConnect app the frame rate drops from 45 to 17. MS/Asobo are actively working the SimConnect issue.

The SimConnect issue is effecting the VATSIM plugin as well and MS/Asobo announced it as a major partnership. So I'm hoping that will get fixed sooner rather than later.

MSFS, NaviGraph Charts & FMS, Pilot2ATC, FsHub
R5 3600X ,RTX 2060S, 32GB, SSD

I tried the latest beta and as soon as it is up my fps drops to 10-12.  Shutdown fsuipc7 and things immediately return to normal.

Supposedly this this version doesn't require simconnect and is built into product.  I don't know much of this product but I noticed it has widefs enabled.

I really my my ATC

13 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

Supposedly this this version doesn't require simconnect and is built into product.

Only the separate SimConnect.DLL is now built into FSUIPC7 -- to save users finding that module and copying it into the same folder.

But that is only the interface code. SimConnect itself, the part which actually does anything, is all part of MSFS, and currently there's some bug which causes serious performance issues (which weren't there before the released version!).

Hopefully it will be fixed within the next 7 days, at least according to the announcement yesterday.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Only the separate SimConnect.DLL is now built into FSUIPC7 -- to save users finding that module and copying it into the same folder.

But that is only the interface code. SimConnect itself, the part which actually does anything, is all part of MSFS, and currently there's some bug which causes serious performance issues (which weren't there before the released version!).

Hopefully it will be fixed within the next 7 days, at least according to the announcement yesterday.

Pete

Thanks for the post.   I really miss p2a and its maps.  

6 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

I really miss p2a and its maps. 

Surely you haven't changed completely to MSFS already? It's no decent replacement yet for P3D. Not even for FSX.

Pete

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Surely you haven't changed completely to MSFS already? It's no decent replacement yet for P3D. Not even for FSX.

Pete

This ^^^^^^ or either X-Plane.

Edited by RamonB

The latest patch for MS FS 2020 just came out.  Installed and started.  Started fsuipc7 and connected to simulator (I didn't know I had to perform connection.)

Connected p2a with no issues.  I can see traffic in the air and parked.

4 hours ago, JeB1952 said:

Started fsuipc7 and connected to simulator (I didn't know I had to perform connection.)

You can set it to auto-connect -- and auto-close when MSFS does if you wish. You can start FSUIPC before MSFS or after. it's quite flexible.

Pete

17 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

You can set it to auto-connect -- and auto-close when MSFS does if you wish. You can start FSUIPC before MSFS or after. it's quite flexible.

Pete

Good to know.  Thank you