Sign in to follow this  
dave2013

Unreasonable expectations

I tried to tell people that the release version would be an open Beta and predictably got rebuked for saying so.

I understand and appreciate all the bug reports and questions.  What I don't get are all the complaints and expressions of disappointment.

What did you expect for an initial release?  The development update clearly indicated that they are still working on the autopilot bugs, performance issues like stuttering, insufficient moments of inertia on aircraft, and several others.  Moreover, the ATC, AI traffic, and seasons are still on the wish list.

Lastly, did anyone really expect the default planes to be expert or study level aircraft?  Since when have default planes ever been really high quality, accurate, true-to-life aircraft?

This will all get sorted out over time.

Take a gander and relax:

tA0gMjF.jpg

• Like 4

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

Sorted over time is not good enough over at Steam, people want refunds, everybody is complaining over something.

Im having a jolly good time. Been flying from Norway, down through Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Switzerland (innsbruck was a lot of fun, and alot of planes there now), and now on my way to Piza in Italy. This is a part of my Norway to Cape of Good Hope that I planned b4 launch.

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Sadly what Dave2013 posted is true, very rarely, if ever, is software delivered fully done. If this was any other consumer purchase they would be forced out of business for offering "not fit for purpose" goods. All this stems back to the early days of selling software to businesses when it was "take it or leave it"; just read the EULAs, basically "if you don;t like it, tough"

• Upvote 1

Any negative criticism against the sim on this forum is met with baseless rebuttals 

I for one am enjoying the drama from the sidelines. 

Have not bought FS2020 and will not be doing so anytime soon until the next major update 

Edited by maniamcool
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, maniamcool said:

Any negative criticism against the sim on this forum is met with baseless rebuttals 

I for one am enjoying the drama from the sidelines. 

Have not bought FS2020 and will not be doing so anytime soon until the next major update 

I could ditto everything that maniamcool said.  Just my opinion, but realistic expectations are to wait a half year and then see what problems MS has fixed.  From what I can see, it definitely isn't a finished product, but appears to have so so so much potential.  I will wait until things get sorted out, then decide whether to spend the money to build and computer with specs oriented to FS2020.  I do think this next six to twelve months will be a fantastic ride.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

stop complaining

The sim is fantastic, smooth and fast full of new features that require its learning process.

I or few people care about default planes, we know the good ones will come

In the meantime its time tome to explore and learn

The amount of thread asking for help or complaining about missing stuff or not working is mostly by user ignorance on a new software

everything works as expected, or better. The aerodynamics are a huge leap forward

Edited by kapitan

The sim is superb.  It is nice having to learn something new as this is a new sim and not just an update like we have been used to.  I would say those that are not buying this are missing out.  

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k * 64GB 3600MHz Ram * RTX 3090 running 3 75" 4k displays smoothly.  

Full 737 MAX enclosed cockpit from FDS

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

Lastly, did anyone really expect the default planes to be expert or study level aircraft?  Since when have default planes ever been really high quality, accurate, true-to-life aircraft?

Whilst this is true, bear in mind that the additional planes you get in the premium and premium deluxe versions, are effectively payware, since they are additional to the default sim. Now you could say, yeah, but if you average the cost out, they're three quid each, but to that I say, if you bought the FSX PMDG 747-400, all the included variants meant that on average, each one worked out at less than a tenner a pop (think it was about seven quid each).

So it's not you paying three quid for an add-on Cessna, it's two million people all paying three quid for it, which works out at six million quid revenue for it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here