Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Settings than Impact Stutters/Smoothness

40 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Ok, I have a 10 series too, but my driver is still a few versions back. My sim has not quite finished downloading, so will be interesting what performance I get.

FWIW running a 1080 EVGA card also. MSFS suggested 'High' settings. They worked and no issues. Went to 'Ultra' and get repeated crashes using X1 to OC even dialed back. Ran the EVGA software and it analyzes the game for LOW settings! Pretty wild to see all these suggestions all over the map (albeit was assessing with optimization for performance) Interestingly the X1 uses a fair bit of RAM itself and am seeing GPU pegged at times with high temps, so its struggling for sure.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

There's an issue with the build because my GPU is hovering around 50% in the cockput. In the alpha it was at 99% and performance was smooth.

30 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

Yes, you can do a Nvidia search to get older drivers. Let us know how you get on. You could be onto something

So rolling back to 451.67 (July 9th 2020) definitely helped. I'm seeing higher and more consistent GPU usage around 70-90%. CPU is still close to 100% with some micro stutters. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 4

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

28 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

I also am at least a few drivers old on my Nvidia card and won't update now. If it is that, thanks! Be sure to tell us if they release anything else that fixes it.

Whatd river number are you using? I will try it out. 🙂

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

52 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

So rolling back to 451.67 (July 9th 2020) definitely helped. I'm seeing higher and more consistent GPU usage around 70-90%. CPU is still close to 100% with some micro stutters. 

That is great. I am now just setting mine up, so will compare if you like

• Like 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

2 hours ago, reignman40 said:

Same, I have tried everything. Sometimes its fine for a few seconds so I know it can be smooth. I recently tried "Run as Admin" but to no avail. Settings at Low, Med or High, doesn't really make a difference. CPU usage is near or at 100%, GPU usage is all over and seems to be directly linked to the stutters.

Most of us seem to be running 10 series cards? Driver issue from NVIDIA maybe? 

Maybe your hard drive that has the sim is fragmented. Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

Maybe your hard drive that has the sim is fragmented. Just a thought.

I'm running on an SSD that was formatted a couple days ago. 

2 hours ago, FlyBaby said:

Not having the issue in the Alpha build is encouraging...that maybe this can be fixed relatively soon...or at least pinpoint what went wrong for release version.

I have a GTX 1080....ran into stutter issues until I fixed it with these settings....

Set my TV to 30hz (or1/2 refresh @60hz), turned on VSync...and set MSFS fps limit to 60, not 30, but 60. 

Another poster confirmed similar settings and smooth results.

That was also my solution yesterday - works fine (reminds me of unlimited FPS and VSYNC on in p3d)

setting 60fps is important in sim and TV to 30HZ

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I rolled back to 451.48 and I'm seeing positive results. No more stutters and it's fluid, also GPU usage has gone up. Very similar to the performance I was getting in alpha.

My specs, 9900k, 2080 and 32gb ram.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

The issue is the utilization of the GPU. Right now a lot of us including me are getting 50% in the cockpit when it should be 99%. It needs to be 99% for the sim to be fluid and stutter free.

What resolution you running?

I run 1080p at ultra setting and CPU averages 60 - 70 with GPU averaging 90-95 (flight from Brackett field to downtown LA)

If I lower the slider to 30 frames per second it lowers my GPU utilization to 45-50

452.06 drivers

Edited by udidwht

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

3 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I rolled back to 451.48 and I'm seeing positive results. No more stutters and it's fluid, also GPU usage has gone up. Very similar to the performance I was getting in alpha.

My specs, 9900k, 2080 and 32gb ram.

What a shatshow, releasing an optimized driver that makes things worse. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I am not convinced about the "alpha" and "beta" being better on the stutters. I was not a tester but I watched my fair share of video's on YouTube in the months leading up to release and I saw stutters on every one of those video's. In some they were extremely obvious yet the 'presenters' never made mention of it. If you are not convinced, pop over and watch some of those beta tester vid's for yourself. People were in awe of the eye candy, I saw constant micro stuttering. At least some of those beta testers have high end i9 & 2080Ti systems, cranked up to Ultra everything. What drivers were they using? 

This implies to me that rolling back a GPU driver will at best be placebo - it will not reduce your stutters. 

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, ghutcheon said:

I am not convinced about the "alpha" and "beta" being better on the stutters. I was not a tester but I watched my fair share of video's on YouTube in the months leading up to release and I saw stutters on every one of those video's. In some they were extremely obvious yet the 'presenters' never made mention of it.

A couple that I watched pointed out that the video showed stutters and that they didn't know why because the sin wasn't showing what they were seeing in their videos. 

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

A good rule of thumb to avoid problems is to always uninstall the old driver first before installing the new one.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |