Sign in to follow this  
thedon

No Controllers recognised

True shame that this "issue" slipped trough in the realease. So boring, so boring!

What to do with a sim we cant fly??? Yes, ofcourse, back to mouse and keybord again... like in the good old FS2002/2004😣

i found a folder under steam games (F:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\Input) which lists a load of xml files and the saitek pro flight and pedals and throttle are all listed there.  not sure what the relevance of these files are but there part of the install files...... ??

Just now, mmcwill1 said:

I had the same issue with my Saitek. It is definitely not intuitive but you have to manually assign controls to whatever controller you have. I assigned all of the major axis, then some camera setting, then a few additional things like landing gear and flaps. Again, not intuitive, but you definitely don't have to fly with the keyboard or mouse!

But we get no response what ever we do, what ever we assign or program...

manually configure it

i did it and its working fine. My joystick is Microsoft Sidewinder, and also not recognizable

end of story

• Like 1

trouble is.  the game wont recognise any controllers...just the keyboard and mouse so i cant even do a custom map setup.  when you say you had the same issue do you mean the game wouldn't even show the saitek in the controllers menu ? e.g the only options you had were keyboard and mouse ?

2 minutes ago, thedon said:

trouble is.  the game wont recognise any controllers...just the keyboard and mouse so i cant even do a custom map setup.  when you say you had the same issue do you mean the game wouldn't even show the saitek in the controllers menu ? e.g the only options you had were keyboard and mouse ?

When I opened the control menu, I had options for the mouse and keyboard. My Saitek was listed as an unrecognized controller. I had to create a profile and then assign each axis/button seperately.

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

I am sure that MS for sure will solve this issue soon, but its a true "letdown" and a pitty that such an important thing fails... The controls are the most important device, Or at least one of them...

You really have to explain the problem - 

1) MSFS sees your controller but nothing is configured ----OR---

2) MSFS doesn't even recognize your controller.

Problem one - configure it manually

Problem two - Shut down MSFS - plug controller into a different USB port and then restart MSFS - see if that helps.

In my case, ALL of my controllers ( CH Yoke, Rudders and TQ and Saitek X55 showed up but not configured. I will have to set them up manually.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 minute ago, buspelle said:

I am sure that MS for sure will solve this issue soon, but its a true "letdown" and a pitty that such an important thing fails... The controls are the most important device, Or at least one of them...

Buspelle, when you open the controller what do you see? That is the key here. See vgbarons post above.

Mike McWilliams

Asus Rog Maximus XI Extreme motherboard, Intel i9-9900ks CPU, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 2080 TI video card, G.Skill  TridentZDDR4 32GB SDRAM, Samsung NVMe SSD 970 1TB

If you open the devices and printers menu from the Windows control panel, you should be able to see if your controller is being recognized. If it is,  then MSFS will see it, you just have to manually configure it.

Mike McWilliams

2 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

You really have to explain the problem - 

1) MSFS sees your controller but nothing is configured ----OR---

2) MSFS doesn't even recognize your controller.

Problem one - configure it manually

Problem two - Shut down MSFS - plug controller into a different USB port and then restart MSFS - see if that helps.

In my case, ALL of my controllers ( CH Yoke, Rudders and TQ and Saitek X55 showed up but not configured. I will have to set them up manually.

Vic

So in my case its number 2.  in the controllers menu within the game i only see a keyboard and mouse option that;s it.  I've even plugged in a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it wont even show that. ill try disconnecting and re-connecting into different USB ports as suggested

I too am having the same issues.

Saitek Cyborg Evo Force works perfectly well in X plane and any other software. I have tried manually creating a profile for all of the basic control axis, plus throttle, its rubbish. I have full elevator down or up, or full roll or not, nothing in between, its pants, worse software I have ever purchased. It doesn't even recognise the basic functions of the joystick/flight control. I knew I would have to program the buttons for specific things, but pitch, roll, yaw and throttle?????

They are all either on or off, no increments

Oh dear, eagerly awaited, massive disappointment.

3 minutes ago, mmcwill1 said:

If you open the devices and printers menu from the Windows control panel, you should be able to see if your controller is being recognized. If it is,  then MSFS will see it, you just have to manually configure it.

Yup...There all present and correct.  Windows can see the switch panel, yolk, and pedals and they show the correct pictures for the devices in control panel and they show the diffrent axis and buttons being moved / pressed when in the settings for the device.    When i installed the game none of these devices were plugged in.  I plugged them in after the game had installed and ran for the first time. 

3 minutes ago, Ash624 said:

I too am having the same issues.

Saitek Cyborg Evo Force works perfectly well in X plane and any other software. I have tried manually creating a profile for all of the basic control axis, plus throttle, its rubbish. I have full elevator down or up, or full roll or not, nothing in between, its pants, worse software I have ever purchased. It doesn't even recognise the basic functions of the joystick/flight control. I knew I would have to program the buttons for specific things, but pitch, roll, yaw and throttle?????

They are all either on or off, no increments

Oh dear, eagerly awaited, massive disappointment.

When you look at all of the assignable options, it can be a little overwhelming. I had your same issue at first, but that was because I assigned elevator up and elevator down to my Saitek instead of assigning elevator axis.

Mike McWilliams