Sign in to follow this  
thedon

No Controllers recognised

3 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Have any of you with controller problems watched the video about setting up your controls in the tips and tricks forum? 

Yeah watched it.   Only works if the controller is detected in the game though.  If it doesnt detect the controller no options as shown in the video work

Having the same issues. Cessna Saitek pro yoke / controls / pedals. No configurability.

I have a related question. I can't find the axis for throttle lol. Am I blind or where is it hidden? 😄

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I can't get to my PC right now but I screen shot on how to set up the CH products hardware. As soon as I can I'll post them in this topic. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was able to get the buttons reassigned on the Yolk. However the Yolk steering doesn't work for my modified BU0836. No XML mapping for it, FlightSim doesn't seem to have a profile to select the controls. When clicking the sensitivity option, the Yolk does respond on the curve graphs, so it works, but just not in the game for some reason.

I gave up, I'll wait a few weeks until some patch is released.

This is currently what I am seeing. The T16000M is not even listed.

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Cheers :)

N.-

Also to note, I am using the XBOX game pass version. So I am not able to see any of the game files as it appears. Unable to even get into the Windows App folder 😞

It recognized all my controllers except my joystick the Gladiator Mk.II,  recognized Thrustmaster Throttle T16000m, mouse, Xbox controller, Honeycomb yoke and Thrustmaster rudder pedals. 

John Snyder Jr

2 hours ago, thedon said:

So in my case its number 2.  in the controllers menu within the game i only see a keyboard and mouse option that;s it.  I've even plugged in a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and it wont even show that. ill try disconnecting and re-connecting into different USB ports as suggested

The FF2 doesn't show so you just have to set it up as one that isn't.  What I mean is that you click on the name of the stick on the top of the screen and go through all the buttons individually and activate each setting.  I did that and I have the MSFF2 joystick.

Unfortunately, no force feedback.

Stan

3 hours ago, sami42 said:

same here. CH PRODUCTS  Fighterstich usb

I have that same stick and MFS recognizes it, it just doesn't have anything assigned.   You need to go through the tedious and confusing assignment process from scratch, which seems to have been designed by the team taking a look at all of the worst aspects of all other flight sim control assignment menus and options,and combining them into one holistically cryptic and enigmatic process. 

Unfortunately I only assigned a few things then walked away for a couple of hours which was long enough to have lost the magic groove of understanding the process.  If I can get drunk enough tonight and wipe out a sufficient number of brains cells to forget everything I knew about how every other sim works, maybe I can start fresh in the morning with an empty brain and the concept can take root and stick. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

SOLVED FOR STEAM EDITION

- Go to your library and locate MSFS

- Right click, properties, and go to the first tab

- Under Steam Input Per-Game Setting (Requires restart of game), select FORCED OFF

- Restart computer and give it a try. Finally my T16000M shows up

• Upvote 1

N.-

My rudder pedals are working fine after a little tweeking. My gladiator vkb joystick is a nightmare. I have mapped a few buttons successfully but the pitch is ridiculous. Even after dumbing down the sensitivity even if I pull a little straight to stall. I end up flying as if I'm on a roller-coaster. Awful, just wasted several hours to no avail. Might have to change stick, more expense. Also in cockpit my mouse is not letting me look around the cockpit. The view just keeps pointing up, so does the drone. Very frustrating, should be this hard to set up. Have to say the scenery is amazing. Was able to vfr all over Northern Ireland, beautiful (using a game pad and in chase camera, not ideal). 

31 minutes ago, neucoas said:

SOLVED FOR STEAM EDITION

- Go to your library and locate MSFS

- Right click, properties, and go to the first tab

- Under Steam Input Per-Game Setting (Requires restart of game), select FORCED OFF

- Restart computer and give it a try. Finally my T16000M shows up

Neucoas You are a genius.   Ive been on this all day and never saw that coming.  All my controllers are now showing.   Thank you Sir !!

28 minutes ago, thedon said:

Neucoas You are a genius.   Ive been on this all day and never saw that coming.  All my controllers are now showing.   Thank you Sir !!

Glad to help, enjoy your sim!

N.-

2 hours ago, 188AHC said:

I can't get to my PC right now but I screen shot on how to set up the CH products hardware. As soon as I can I'll post them in this topic. 

Gosh Rick, I'd dearly love to know. I'm totally grounded until I can get the CH yoke and pedals working.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator