Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

Complex weather perfectly simulated

Today it was the perfect day to test live weather in my area in the sim: Broken clouds with a cold front which brought the temperature from 30°C to 18°C in minutes, with a couple of thunderstorms, very fast moving and spotted so you had sun and rain then strong wind then sun again in a matter of seconds or 100 meters.
Everything was perfectly represented in the simulator, I'm impressed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

The cloud patterns look exactly as I have outside irl.

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I think live weather still a little bugged. When it work its simply great. when it dosnt you get clear day on a cloudy rainy day...

Roi Ben

This is positive news. Live weather has been a bit of a head scratcher. Even post release it appeared to be more miss than hit on several live streams I watched. 

Chris

2 minutes ago, roi1862 said:

I think live weather still a little bugged. When it work its simply great. when it dosnt you get clear day on a cloudy rainy day...

It happened to me yesterday, everywhere I flew in the world was clear sky, even when I loaded airports where should have been raining, today looks fixed.

GarbagePoster

Yes, happened to me too today. I was sitting in Roskilde, Denmark - where it should have been cloudy (and heavy thunderstorms nearby)... but clear skies. 😕

I found out, that there was a difference if I chose Live Weather or if I chose Preset -> Live Weather, before beginning the flight... which is weird.

🙂

Wow, haven't had the time to even start MFS after today's fresh release install - that's promising!!!!

Maybe everything better synced with Meteoblue ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

5 minutes ago, travelabroad said:

I found out, that there was a difference if I chose Live Weather or if I chose Preset -> Live Weather, before beginning the flight... which is weird.

Interesting, I'll check if the problem repeats when doing this.

• Like 1

GarbagePoster

6 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Wow, haven't had the time to even start MFS after today's fresh release install - that's promising!!!!

Maybe everything better synced with Meteoblue ?

I don't know what they did, yesterday I wasn't impressed, we had this crazy weather today and I fired up the sim like meh... there will be overcast and thunderstorms if I'm lucky.
Happy that I was wrong!

GarbagePoster

Can you try maybe LYBE ? currently reported there thunderstorm and horrible day. I am getting clear day in sim.

Roi Ben

Couldn't agree more. Simply the best weather depiction I have ever seen in a sim.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

This is going to attract the hardcore meteorology crowd and they're going to tell us we're all weather casuals and point out all of the missing features and incorrect things. 😀

• Upvote 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

OK so i restarted the sim there was a small update and it looks as live weather is good.

• Like 1

Roi Ben