Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

Epic Clouds - MSFS First Flight - London City to Innsbruck

I decided to take take the Citation Longitude on my first flight on a route from EGLC to LOWI.

jTTrYWy.jpg

The overall weather in London was calm and sunny this morning, with a few scattered clouds about.

tR1bCae.jpg

With the wind coming from the west, take-off was going to be from RWY 27 towards Tower Bridge.

EtoGFcX.jpg

Getting ready for departure, for some reason there was no pushback available through the ATC menu, though clearly the pushback service was lurking about.

yeoESTs.jpg

Climbing towards FL 410 with London and the Thames river in the background.

Mp5cWcY.png

Crossing the channel towards France.

yzvCYlX.png

The reflective detail on the water looks superb and quite realistic.

mU6LaVh.png

The UK mainland in the far distance now.

ySvGMOq.png

Interesting how the clouds along the flight path were changing enroute, little did I know what was going to be lying ahead cloud-wise.

ygPwmHa.jpg

Starting the descent with the Alps now in the far distance in front, the weather ahead has certainly taken a turn for the worse!

CzSlKbq.png

Heading towards the RTT VOR the Cessna was skimming in and out of the clouds.

kXJftDn.pngT

Turning south at the RTT VOR, the clouds all around are just amazing!

CvDqBjq.png

Turning west and getting ready to line up with the approach path into LOWI.

Edited by jzimmermann
  • Like 8

I like it! I like it a lot, but there's something about the cloud structures near LOWI with the holes you can fly between and the "blobby" nature. It's hard to describe, sorry, perhaps I've never seen cloud structures quite like that in real life or on videos. I know you get multiple layers of clouds, but these look a little other-worldly. Still they look quite scary to navigate through, possibly more so by the slightly "alien" look... the overall impression is quite breathtaking though!

Having said all that, I know I'm going to be getting jealous of the new sim! 🍻

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Should have mentioned "first"...great pictorial with stunning views!

Btw, specs please.....

Darryl

Beautiful series, overall,....and, excellent cityscape shots...I'll take it over mine...🙂...

You'll next, hopefully, give us also a few pictures, in the new SIM, of arrival at Innsbruck....🙂....(a beautiful airport in its own right)....

[Yesterday, I was able to access/see the (User) Screenshots Images Forum on the (Official) MSFS Website, but today, I'm timing out, not sure why....(so, thanks, for posting this, here...)...]

By and large, pretty impressive.  Depending on how much entry they allow developers, all the shaders and textures can be improved to your personal requirement.

What add-ons are you using? 😜

Edited by Doug47

Thanks for all your comments!

14 hours ago, SP2472 said:

Btw, specs please.....

I have a 9900K CPU running at 4.8 GHz with a 2080 Ti GPU and 32 GB system RAM, MSFS is installed on a 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD.

9 hours ago, Doug47 said:

What add-ons are you using? 😜

Both Orbx London add-ons, as well as Orbx Innsbruck.

Cheers,

Jerome