Sign in to follow this  
D-man

Ultra Wide Screen blurrieness

I'm running AMD Eyefinity with 3 monitors as one ultra wide display 5760X1080 and cant seem to eliminate blurriness esp at night. (see attached).
My main issue is runway lights and other runway details remain out of focus even just at/after touch down.

Anyone else have this issue with ultra wide setups?

msfs2020-5760x1080.png

Edited by D-man

I think there is an issue in that the light scaling (the little transparent orbs) is dependent on the horizontal resolution. This causes them to be too large on widescreen and ultrawide monitors, which makes the scene appear "blurry". In other words, those would be appropriately sized (in pixels) for a 16:9 screen at 5760x3240, but not for your screen, where they should really be the same size as they are on a 1920x1080 screen.

I would report an issue in ZenDesk here: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

I'm going to do the same (I have an ultrawide as well). The more of us that report the issue, the better.

• Like 2

That's right... light scaling. I forgot we were able to tweak the CFG's (FSX and P3D) to fix this in those SIM's.
I will post my issue with MSFS. I'm sure there will be a number of us reporting it.

If anyone finds a work around.. do share!

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi All,

I've got the same problem, as well as all the runway lights being the same size, no matter how far down the runway they are? ie, they dont get smaller, the further away they are... I've found that turning off "Bloom" in the settings helps the blurriness issues a bit... but it's not a fix...

I just posted in another topic this exact problem.  I have triple monitor setup as surround and the view out the front was blurry, as well as all of the lighting seemed way too big and almost balloon-like.  When I changed back to single monitor, all those issues went away.  Hopefully MS can fix this because I really miss that extra FOV!

Yah I wouldnt get to hung up on anything night - theres some serious loving that needs to be done - unflyable to me - next patch is suppose to touch on night but may not be a lot of attention to it quite yet

Rich Sennett

Upvote THIS thread if you agree there are night lighting issues.

Edited by Emerson67
  • Like 1

Does anybody know whether Asobo works on this distortion bug? After the World Update III, the runway and aircraft lights are still blurry and bulby on my wide screen monitor (3440 x 1440). Obviously this has not yet been addressed. The big PAPI lights (and also the red / green navigation lights on AI aircrafts) are extremely unrealistic.

Edited by Cargostorm

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I recently switched to a 49" ultrawide (5120x1440) from a 27" 4k and had noticed the runway lights being strange blurry balls of light, too. Been meaning to post about it myself. No particular setting appears to make any difference to me.

The difference between 4k and ultrawide is just astonishing for gaming, incidentally, although the reduction in PPI is a slight frustration. Still, the additional real estate makes up for it.

• Like 1

I also tried to downscale the resolution of 1080 and windowed mode but it did not help. I will submit a ticket to Asobo. The more people complain the better the chance is that Asobo will listen.

Edited by Cargostorm
  • Like 1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

• Like 1

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

On 8/18/2020 at 6:12 PM, MattNischan said:

I think there is an issue in that the light scaling (the little transparent orbs) is dependent on the horizontal resolution. This causes them to be too large on widescreen and ultrawide monitors, which makes the scene appear "blurry"

I'm pretty sure this is the same in FSX and P3D, but only when the WideViewAspect flag is ON. Hence it's probably a legacy code issue.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro