Sign in to follow this  
atlflyer

Truly hope the negativity doesnt kill the sim

1 minute ago, AllRed said:

Asobo aren't chancers, you can tell they genuinely want to do everything they can to keep improving the sim. Give them a few months. 

Plenty seem to be having a blast so clearly the game isn't a broken mess. 

It is quite fun to have the whole world at your finger tips like this. Though some aerial imagery is better than others, but overall there are some really good places where it looks fantastic.

Everything is 100% smooth on my RTX 2060, except Seattle, a bit of a performance hog. I have most things on Ultra though.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

I seriously think that FS9 was perfect out of the gate.

Regards

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

What these devs have done with this sim is nothing short of astonishing. Major kudos to them. Yes it needs work but low and slow and VFR is all I ever do so for me it's the closest thing to real I've ever seen. Truly amazing. Saitek needs to get their act together though and get their panels and controls working.

• Like 1

Asus X570 TUF WIFI | 5800X3D | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | MSI RTX 4090 | EVGA 1300W | ASUS GT501 TUF | Samsung C49RG90 49" | Oculus Quest 2 | Windows 11 Professional X64

1 minute ago, ErichB said:

It seems that some people are bent on wanting to cosy up to sims held together with duck tape and wire for the past 20 years and making as though they were some kind of intellectual thinking man's training tool. Absolute nonsense.   

MFS is where the future is at for flightsimming.  Not perfect yet, but no sim in the history of flightsimming ever was .  MFS out of the starting blocks,  is orders of magnitude better than anything we have had before in a civilian sim.  The technology is amazing.

Nothing that has been commented on here today has been news to anyone.  We all know it's not an airline ready sim yet. We all knew the autopilot systems are not perfect yet.  What's the point of all of the negativity?

What’s the point of the negativity in your post towards (presumably) X-plane and P3D (“duck tape and wire”), and your sarcasm towards people who use them? They’re both very good sims (and training tools, even if that’s not your thing).

As for the point of the “negativity”, it will vary from thread to thread. And, yes, I think you’ll find some criticism in the forum about airliners, autopilots, taxiways, performance, installation and a bunch of other things. They’re all very relevant to a sim platform, and there’s nothing wrong with users raising them.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

The thing is, Flight Simulator X had issues while it was working. In this case, there are tons of people who can't even get the simulator to work and are spending hours trying to find a solution while searching through the messy and obscure file structure to deal with this atrocious client. It has been receiving lots of attention from the general gaming crowd since its impressive reveal, received critical acclaim, sold really well (been sitting in the second position as top seller on Steam for three days now, and the physical edition sold out really quickly), and nearly half of them are feeling like asking for a refund.

Those of us who know well the horrors of the previous simulators, like most people on AVSIM, will put up with these issues and patiently wait for them to be fixed while enjoying what's there now. But I think it's very likely this botched launch will have an impact on its general success, which will truly be a shame. People were willing to give a rather niche game a chance thanks to its stunning visuals, and that was lost.

• Like 2

Of course bugs and anomalies should and must be made known to the Asobo Team - even though it may seem like nit-picking at the moment...   Remember, the current motto of the U.S. at least, is  "If you see something, say something". 😑 

Not being able to get something working is really frustrating, but not the first time this has happened.
Too bad for those people, it's like being a kid on your birthday, and parents putting the present behind a locked door saying you might have to wait a month.

Overall though, the Sim itself is great, install issues not withstanding. I still only give it a 7.0 out of 10 right now though, in its current state, but for potential it is a 10 out of 10, and it's plenty usable right now, just some annoyances.

1 minute ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

The thing is, Flight Simulator X had issues while it was working. In this case, there are tons of people who can't even get the simulator to work and are spending hours trying to find a solution while searching through the messy and obscure file structure to deal with this atrocious client. It has been receiving lots of attention from the general gaming crowd since its impressive reveal, received critical acclaim, sold really well (been sitting in the second position as top seller on Steam for three days now, and the physical edition sold out really quickly), and nearly half of them are feeling like asking for a refund.

Those of us who know well the horrors of the previous simulators, like most people on AVSIM, will put up with these issues and patiently wait for them to be fixed while enjoying what's there now. But I think it's very likely this botched launch will have an impact on its general success, which will truly be a shame. People were willing to give a rather niche game a chance thanks to its stunning visuals, and that was lost.

This literally day 1. How about let's wait a little bit to judge the launch as a whole, much less the impact it will have on FS2020's future.

Again, this is literally just day 1. Let's wait a little bit before declaring FS2020 dead and buried.

Suppose I'm lucky.  I played this off and on most the day without any issues that I can think of.  My hardware mapped well to preferred settings and I ran everything at High and didn't even stutter.  Was able to tweak the curve on the rudder/brakes and now ground handling feels good.

I don't get wrapped around the physics because at the end of the day none of these games are 'realistic'.

I've been 'flight simming" since 1986 on my Commodore 64. This new simulator is amazing, especially the attention which has been given to the "Dark Continent". Yes, I find the UI and camera interface extremely confusing, but it's maybe an "age" thing. This sim has a lot of promise. Our youngsters must do some research on MS Flight Simulators over the years and realize how far we have evolved. Looking forward to how MSFS will mature into a fully fledged product.

• Like 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

4 minutes ago, AviatorBob said:

don't get wrapped around the physics because at the end of the day none of these games are 'realistic'.

Wait until there is a HoloLens version. 🙂

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

6 minutes ago, AviatorBob said:

Suppose I'm lucky.  I played this off and on most the day without any issues that I can think of.  My hardware mapped well to preferred settings and I ran everything at High and didn't even stutter.  Was able to tweak the curve on the rudder/brakes and now ground handling feels good.

I don't get wrapped around the physics because at the end of the day none of these games are 'realistic'.

High works fine on my RTX 2060, ultra is pushing it, but works fine in most cities under 3 million.

It's always interesting to get closer to the real physics though, like the Majestic Dash 8-Q400 for FSX/Prepar3D. So I can understand the physics arguments. Actually some of the larger planes are pretty close in physics in some of these sims, but smaller planes are so much harder to model as they react to such small changes in turbulence.

I'm not super picky about perfect physics, just having some twitch issues where some planes get uncontrollable too easily, but again all of our controller setups are different, so it just varies. Like I noted, I need to keep editing.

Edited by SceneryFX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, atlflyer said:

Sure it has a lot of bugs right now....They will be fixed. FSX, P3D, X-plane 10, 11, etc...all had launch bugs. There are quite a few here but they will be worked out. I am enjoying this sim wayyyy too much for it to die off. I am very happy with the working aspects of it so far!!

Don't sweat it. Empty vessels make the most noise.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ha!! A thread to complain about complaints. Anyone who thought this revolutionary new program to work from day one with few glitchs needs to get back on their  reality  meds.

Either wait a few months for issues to be addressed or just  post definitive issues which can help. Complaining for the sake of complaining is pointless.  

So let's  see some  complaints about my complaint about the act of complaining. That  should  really help.

Edited by av84fun
typo