Sign in to follow this  
LUIS LOPEZ

LEMG- MALAGA DOES NOT EXIST FOR ASOBO-MSFS

2 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Half a dozen airports IN THE WORLD are not in the sim. How can this possibly be the case. What sort of word not allowed released a sim without those airports.

Some people.......

Microsoft's marketing claim to have modelled "over 2 million cities and expansive environments" .It's disappointing but not surprising to see major airports missing and as someone else said, an entire major Spanish city. Imagine the uproar from Americans if they had left out Miami International and Miami city. 

Whilst it's great to bush fly out of obscure Indonesian Highland strips, it's not so much fun flying VFR along the Spanish coast to find LEMG completely missing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

3 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

What sort of word not allowed released a sim without those airports....

MICROSOFT of course! They pushed the unfinished product out for early release. One might say that such a beast is never finished, but certainly I suspect that had the sim been released in December then perhaps it may have been more polished.

• Like 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

and yet Microsoft charges full AAA price for this simulator even it is clearly on beta stage still...

And so, the video game industry works like that, we sell you unfinished video games. It's always like that.

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

29 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

released in December then perhaps it may have been more polished.

Play now and just pretend in December it's released. They getting more feed back now about what the community wants to see fix , not just a few " selected " peoples ideas. 

The community is now able to mod scenery fixes , mod airports  , hand craft airports mod livery  even put pressure on the team to work on a better SDK. Na they did good on releasing it now. For many many other reasons. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Concorde79 said:

and yet Microsoft charges full AAA price for this simulator even it is clearly on beta stage still...

Not much surprises me about the game industry, sadly. 

But you can try it for a whole month for less than the price of a coffee, warts and all. Absolute full disclosure for less than a Mars Bar and a Panda Pop.

If you pay full price without taking this offer then that's on the buyer.

Currently circumnavigating the world in a mix of Cessna and Piper aircraft. 

My Default Setup; MSFS, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster Hotas X, TrackIR, Samsung Galaxy Tab, JustFlight Piper Arrow. Simworks Quest Kodiak 100. 

Wishlist; Honeycomb Bravo, Honeycomb Charlie.

1:400 Airline Model Collector.

Major airport`s are not important in a VFR sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

21 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Play now and just pretend in December it's released. They getting more feed back now about what the community wants to see fix , not just a few " selected " peoples ideas. 

The community is now able to mod scenery fixes , mod airports  , hand craft airports mod livery  even put pressure on the team to work on a better SDK. Na they did good on releasing it now. For many many other reasons. 

They should have just done like Epic Games did with "Fortnite" and call it "Early Access". Then everyone would be happy. Although Fortnite is still in Early Access since it's release in 2017.....

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Windows 10 os is till in early access  🙂  everything that gets updates , fixes is early access , FSX early access , Xplane and pd3 still early access, bugs bugs I see bugs everywhere....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Now you know why they have 150 third party developers in the sim, they can fill in the holes that Asobo left, and more than just a few airports missing 

That’s not why.

Whenever it was released it seems that people would be moaning. I must admit I am enjoying flying and even taxiing in the sim. I find it FUN. I must stop visiting this forum as it is just depressing that a big chunk of the posters here are such a lot of moaners. Saying that the htread where the older guy was bought the Sim and a new Flightstick by his wife was a beautiful read. Maybe I will just try and ignore the threads of moaners.

CJ

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, G-RFRY said:

Major airport`s are not important in a VFR sim.

Nor are A320's, B747and 787s. Makes you wonder why they included them in a VFR sim. And spend many man hours building bespoke airports like Paris CDG. Or maybe it's not just a VFR sim... there's a thought.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

I like how there are so many people complaining about missing airports while up until relatively recent it was fine for X-Plane for example, to have completely barren airport with only the runway and aprons modeled, and not a single building. Or how even the latest version of P3D has some terrible autogen airports, incorrect runway placement, lengths, parkings etc.

Come on guys, why are we all of the sudden expecting perfection from the base sim? It has never been like that and it never will be. Gaps will be filled. Either by Asobo or by 3rd party devs. You can't expect them to have checked all your favorite airports, or all airports just in general. They developed a way in which it is feasible to have reasonably detailed airports generated by AI and it is bound to run into issues when there is not sufficient data like satellite/aerial imagery. You can also not expect them to "just switch data providers"... It is not a snap of the fingers and done. Contracts are in place, commercial considerations are at play... 

Just chill and watch the sim grow and improve while enjoying some new experiences at airports you don't know yet ;).

5 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

Half a dozen airports IN THE WORLD are not in the sim. How can this possibly be the case. What sort of word not allowed released a sim without those airports.

Some people.......

Half a dozen? 

I advise you to check out the thread about it on the official forum. 

The list of reported missing airports is somewhere around 1000