Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

I started the so-called installation last night at 0002 hours, watched it download for awhile then went back to bed.

I got up this morning to find that zero progress had been made on the download. The blue bar was stuck where it was when  went to bed! I used the three-finger salute to kill the process and tried again to get the installation working again. No such luck as it froze at the same  spot.

In a last attempt, I completely "Uninstalled" MSF then went to the store to begin installing from scratch. Voila! It not only worked, but I actually got to see the files being installed along with a progress bar that worked as expected. The re-installation took 1 hour and six minutes.

Wonderful! Now I anxiously crossed my fingers and Launched Microsoft Flight Simulator (Premium Deluxe) for the first time. Okay, it loaded and I went through the various setup option screens, leaving them pretty much where the program suggested as a bench mark.

It was when I reached the final hardware configuration where I hit a dead end road. Much to my horror and dismay, my CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals are NOT supported!!!

Say what? Probably the most commonly used yoke and pedals have no official support? Yikes!

"Okay," I thought to myself. "I'll just have to buckle down and make the assignments myself, so don't panic."

At this juncture the final nail was driven into the lid of my coffin; although I found that I could adjust the dead-zones and curves for all of the axes, there is no listing of the control events so NO assignments may be made!

Crap! Color me disappointed... 😭

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have my old hardware working.  they are USB inputs would not be too hard to make them work from the get go.  CH Products has sort of abandoned their products. They still make and sell them but that is about it.    See where I can get to.  Would like to work with other CH users to sort this out and get our products working

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I have a CH Products yoke...hmm.  So you can't even set up assignments in any way?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

My download and install went as expected but I have CH Yoke, Rudder, TQ and a saitek X55. All of which were recognized but indicated that I would have to do custom assignments.

It's a PITA but I selected essentials initially and got a .list of the main flight controls. Then just select the axis and stick.

Yes, you can set them up manually.

Vic

• Like 3

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I am simple simmer and use my trusty CH Flight Stick from way back.  I upgraded about 10 years ago to the USB model.  FS2020 finds it but does not know what to do with it?  I assume I have to manually map it which is probably a tricky thing to do? 

Problem is my old computer is not stable enough to even run FS2020.  I had it running this morning but now it just crashes after the "Press Any Key" screen.  Luckily I got WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) for a new PC since mine is 8 years old and not worth upgrading.  I could throw new and more memory and a new video card but then the power supply will be an issue and the hard drives might have seen better days!

DId anyone with the Pro Pedals get the toe brakes to work?  I have them assigned and they show as working in the control configuration but they don't work. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

I'm having a problem with the CH Throttle Quadrant being recognized.

This was to bring more sales to those companies making newer equipment and faze out the old (still good) stuff. Total marketing ploy in my opinion. 

I did jump ship though and got the T16000 just to avoid headaches. The way my desk is now the yoke sits to high to use comfortably.

Hope you get them working to your satisfaction.

2 hours ago, gallen144 said:

I'm having a problem with the CH Throttle Quadrant being recognized.

Gallen, I have my throttle Quadrant working.   Do you have CH Pro Pedals too, I don't have toe brakes. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

1 minute ago, buzzbee said:

Gallen, I have my throttle Quadrant working.   Do you have CH Pro Pedals too, I don't have toe brakes. 

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that. However, I still have the CH Pedals, and have problems with them. I can't get the right toe brake configured at all. But I think the left one is working. Am looking at getting some new rudder pedals now too. I'm sure there is some problem with my CH as one of the axes is wavering all over the place....

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Shug, have you ever opened your CH devices and soldered the connections?  They get loose and jittery over time.    My toe brakes show up but then don't work in the airplane.  

I don't understand why it would be so difficult to support a simple USB input device with basic functionality.  

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

20 minutes ago, Shug said:

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that. However, I still have the CH Pedals, and have problems with them. I can't get the right toe brake configured at all. But I think the left one is working. Am looking at getting some new rudder pedals now too. I'm sure there is some problem with my CH as one of the axes is wavering all over the place....

What are your thoughts on the Honeycomb Yoke?  The CH Gear is old, like me. 

KBJC 

AMD 3900 / RTX 2060 Pro

19 minutes ago, Shug said:

I read a little while ago that the CH yoke wouldn't be supported so bought a Honeycomb, and am pleased with that..

Are you saying ANY CH yoke or a particular model? I have the Eclipse yoke and would hate to think it's now worthless.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

3 hours ago, buzzbee said:

DId anyone with the Pro Pedals get the toe brakes to work?  I have them assigned and they show as working in the control configuration but they don't work. 

I have the CH Pro Pedals, and the toe brakes work fine for me.  Make sure you use the left and right brake axis settings. Click in the search box of the command, then press the appropriate toe pedal. 

I also have the CH Flight Sim Yoke, and although I had to set it up manually, it works fine after that.

Edited by Donstim
  • Like 2