Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

CH Pro Yoke and Pro Pedals Unsupported???

3 minutes ago, hightower said:

Maybe I'm missing something here, but with all the noted issues with peripherals, it begs the question to Microsoft/Asobo, why did you not use existing control assignments that were already used in FSX and why the extreme limitations of accepted peripherals?

Hoping Asobo does an interview with someone to explain a lot of this. That would go a long way to calming the masses on a number of fronts.

i7 8700K @4Ghz, EVGA RTX3080 Ultra, 32GB RAM, Two 2K displays. Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, CH Pedals.

7 hours ago, RustyFlyer said:

That was then, this is now. MSFS also does not support Sidewinder joysticks, once one of the most widely-used joysticks (nor should it have to). Sure, lots of folks still make great use of their CH products, and the products are great, however, many of them are not even supported by CH any longer.

What do you mean doesn't support?  I've got a sidewinder 2 and it's working great.  I had to map controls of course.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

This is going to be the longest thread on CH products ever 🙂 

Rich Sennett

On 8/18/2020 at 1:49 PM, EJHebert said:

Same disappointment here. One has to manually set the Yoke!

Yep, that is a first world problem.  It took me about 10mins to setup

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, MarkW said:

Sorry, one more question on input devices.  I have a CH Yoke for aircraft with yokes and a Thrustmaster 16000 for Airbus.  Is there a way to assign a device for each aircraft or do you just assign both and use one at at time with hopefully the other one not interfering?

That's a good question. I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick that I use for the Airbus and a Flight Sim Yoke I use for everything else. I found that stay inputs from the yoke can mess up flying on autopilot with the Airbus when I have both controllers plugged in, so now I swap them depending on which airplane I am flying. You can set up multiple profiles on each controller, so I guess another way to do it is to make a "null" profile with any flight controls/power management inputs bland for each controller and then switch between profiles for each controller depending on which airplane you are flying. (I don't know how to bind a specific controller to a specific airplane, but there may be a way.)

Donstim,

Thank you very much. I am already start to work and will inform.🙂

• Like 1

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

Was able to map things finally, but the sensitivity, accuracy, centering, calibration are all abysmal to non-existent. After days of setting things up and pouring over threads here still have not made a single landing. Not one! 😞

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

On 8/18/2020 at 10:58 AM, Mace said:

I have a CH Products yoke...hmm.  So you can't even set up assignments in any way?

It is possible to map your CH products peripherals. I did so yesterday, however it takes a bit of effort.  I was able to find a few good tutorials on YouTube that gave me a general understanding of how to map controls from scratch.  You will also need a listing of each of the button/switch designations for the CH Product.  

Hope it helps

Has anyone gotten the yoke to 'center' properly or mapped the yoke center to properties in MSFS 2020 to a yoke property? It is cockeyed and keeps pulling right and never centering again 😞

Also has anyone gotten toe brakes to work as toe brakes AND to disengage the Parking Brake like in FSX?

Edited by Flyfaster

Donstim,

Good news. I activated my yoke and pedals . Your instruction was excellent. You gave very detailed guidance. I was lucky to saw your post,

Many thanks.🙂

• Like 1

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

My CH yoke had nothing assigned but I have had no problems mapping whatever I need to all the bottons/switches. I even have the old way of panning the camera to the POV hat. Works great! 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

4 hours ago, Donstim said:

That's a good question. I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS joystick that I use for the Airbus and a Flight Sim Yoke I use for everything else. I found that stay inputs from the yoke can mess up flying on autopilot with the Airbus when I have both controllers plugged in, so now I swap them depending on which airplane I am flying. You can set up multiple profiles on each controller, so I guess another way to do it is to make a "null" profile with any flight controls/power management inputs bland for each controller and then switch between profiles for each controller depending on which airplane you are flying. (I don't know how to bind a specific controller to a specific airplane, but there may be a way.)

I had the same problem. CH Yoke, TQ, Rudders and an X55 Stick & Throttle. ALways keep them all plugged in cuz I was using FSUIPC profiles to manage. MSFS had some real issues with three different throttle units. I did what you did, set up null profiles that would have only switch settings and no axis. That resolved the issue. I found that plugging controllers in and out caused more problems than it solved.

Vic

• Like 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, Richard Sennett said:

Found this on Microsoft Official forums - description and pics to help with ch yoke setup - its a long thread so keep scrolling thru it

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/ch-products-yoke/124611/64

Can you cut/paste it here?

I get the following:

There was a problem logging in to Xbox Live.

Please ensure your account has access to Xbox Live and try again.

Please visit xbox.com

THANKS!

18 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

I had the same problem. CH Yoke, TQ, Rudders and an X55 Stick & Throttle. ALways keep them all plugged in cuz I was using FSUIPC profiles to manage. MSFS had some real issues with three different throttle units. I did what you did, set up null profiles that would have only switch settings and no axis. That resolved the issue. I found that plugging controllers in and out caused more problems than it solved.

Vic

Thought I was the only 1 who had to unplug/plug them in every time!  At least it works! 🙂

• Like 1