Sign in to follow this  
themachine

Free look bound to HAT switch?

following but i'm exploring diy tracking solutions

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

If I understand correctly you want it to work like the default hat in P3D?

If so, you just need to bind the hat to the look functions, which you can do from the controls menu.

You can also adjust the speed of the look function in the camera controls.

By doing this I have it setup how I had P3D with the hat controlling looking around and a single button to swap between inside and exterior view.

• Like 2

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

I must say after everything I've heard and seen so far - good and bad - and of course, it goes without saying I'm immensely excited about it all - and will be downloading tomorrow; the Hat Switch? - it's a given in Gaming - that that's your POV camera. That's how you look around the immediate environment - whether you're shooting bad guys or looking down to see if you've tuned the Nav radios..

I find it unbelievably remiss of Asobo to assign it to anything other than that.

n4, Cool White Cat, Hook, Chock, Andreas, Dom - is it really the case that this is so?

(Oh, hang on - not going to get an answer out of any of them - they'll be too busy flying. . .😛

Lucky Devils.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 2

ok I got this to work after about 3hrs in, some settings are confusing to say the least, specially with smartcam ect... but it's gona take me a cpl days to set it all up.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

2 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

ok I got this to work after about 3hrs in, some settings are confusing to say the least, specially with smartcam ect... but it's gona take me a cpl days to set it all up.

Would you mind sharing how you were able to accomplish? 

• Upvote 1

it's not going to be perfect but here goes and I'm still working on it.

1st go into assistance and put Smartcam on Auto

2) try to delete any assignments that duplicate. For ex. even if I assign a key/hat/axis to trim but it's assigned to a view the trim wont work until you clear the other assignments. It's complicated.

3) For me I made sure my Smartcam is only assigned to S, nothing else.

For some reason I don't understand if I use the hat on my thrusmaster throttle it goes into some sort of wandering pan and I can no longer use the Freelook until I reset it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, Heimi said:

Remap the Hatswitch to following bindings:

4F8810E83E05BF59D7F3D0D76A5A389E7C9A1250

Perfect!  Thank you!  

in general setting just slow the freelook speed of internal and external too.

Thanks for sharing

• Upvote 1

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

Hi guys,

After two short flights, I finally found the way to map the hat switch as Heimi has suggested here. I think his post should be transfered in the tips. It will help many simmers, especially those coming like me from x-plane... The tutorials of Scurrel are excellent, but concerning the views configuration, I think this point was omitted. You cannot really fly with a hand on the yoke, another on the throttle, and press more than one key on the keyboard or select the quickviews one after the other to go to the location you want to see in the aircraft. Quite difficult too to manipulate the camera drone with a game controller in flight... The more simple option would have been to have a mouse control (as in external camera, but with a larger zooming ability).The camera system is very unintuitive, and I don't understand why, after a long period of testing, things have been left at this stage. You can use a flight sim by manipulating menus or keyboard keys : it totally kills the immersion.

Edited by danhenri
  • Like 2

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

Works good inside cockpit but when I switch camera to outside it doesn't work. Anyway to have it work in both? 

37 minutes ago, flamer said:

Works good inside cockpit but when I switch camera to outside it doesn't work. Anyway to have it work in both? 

You just need to repeat the exercise for the outside view section, as explained here:

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi Soren

so the HAT switch can be bound to  pan round in both external and cockpit views?

thanks