Sign in to follow this  
Charlatan

Move to new drive

Hi There

Does anyone know if it is possible to move your install to a new drive?  Downloaded and installed fine, but to drive C.  I would have preferred it on a different drive

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

Go to Windows Settings \ Apps then find MSFS and click on "Move" button

i9-11900K (5.3 GHz), 64 GB RAM (DDR4 3600), RTX 3070, 1 TB (M.2 SSD). Windows 10 Pro. Installed Sims: MSFS 2020.

I tried this but I get a big blue dialog box warning "other apps are on this drive... do want to delete those apps.  Anybody got this figured out?

Interesting - I used thee move feature from C drive to D drive with no issues... i didn't get that warning box you speak of..hmmm

i9 13900KF @ 5.5Ghz | MoBo MSI PRO Z690-A WiFi | Corsair Vengeance Black RGB RS 64gb DDR4 3200MHz | PNY RTX 4090 XLR Gaming Verto EPIC-X RGB TF | MP33 Pro 1TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD for OS | Samsung 870 QVO 2.5" 4TB SSD SATA2 | Corsair RM1000X 2021 1000W 80 Plus Gold PSU | Antec Dark Fleet DF700 Flux Gaming Case | Win 11 home | LG 48" C2 OLED 4K TV | G512 Keyboard | Razer Basilisk V2 Mouse | TCA Throttle, Sidestick and addons, peddles, TM1600 Hotas | TrackIR 5 | Tobii Eye Tracker | HP Reverb G2 HMD

Doug 

Didnt work, it moved a load of stuff but left the original install as well and when going to play it just loads of the original...useless

anyone got it figured out?

Sorry I should have said...Microsoft Store version.

I have now uninstalled and then re-installed to the new drive and guess what?...it still left all the original files on my old drive and insists on loading the old copy whilst ignoring the new install....FFS what an abortion of an install process they managed to create

Hello,

Rename or remove your Fs folder located on C:\somewhere.

Then launch Fs, it will ask for the destination.
This is what I did, I copied all data from C:\path to my fs folder to E :\path to my new fs folder...

renamed C:\ ... msfs folder ... and it worked ! I then removed the ms fs folder  located on C !

Edited by ctdlg
  • Like 1