Sign in to follow this  
LCAir

Another new guy

Hello. I am a retired truck driver with time on my hands. I've had flight sims since.....actually idk when. I had one or two before FSX, then FSX then XPlane 11. I built this pc almost 2 years ago and wonder of wonders it is almost up to MS' ideal hardware specs! 64 bit, i7-8700k, 500GB SSD. Where it falls short is the GTX1060 6GB. And even that ain't too shabby. I deleted XPlane off my SSD and have installed FS2020 Standard Edition. Download in one hour! Wow! But then the inevitable problem- my Saitek Cyborg 3D doesn't map in? is that the correct phrase? In trying to adapt it the movement of the indicator on the angled line is wrong. Ailerons and rudder inputs (it has the twist grip) to the left are good but to the right are bad. The indicator goes down and then partially up again (not all the way to the beginning location). In trying to fly the C152 in the tutorial it will go left and up but doesn't respond at all to right and down inputs. If anyone could help with this I would certainly appreciate it. I know the input signals are good but the sim doesn't respond as it should.

• Like 1

Welcome!  Did you have this issue in your previous sims or is it just happening in MSFS?  If the latter I might suggest you post over in the MSFS section too as you’ll probably get more eyes (and more help) on your issue.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

No the stick has worked fine whenever I have used it. And it shows good inputs in all directions in the sensitivity window. But it is just too disconnected and abrupt in use even with sensitivity turned way down. I calibrated it in Windows and that helped some but it is still overcontrolling like crazy.

P.S. Yes thanks I will copy and paste this over on the MSFS section.

Edited by LCAir

A question- to lock/unlock the parking brake I am to use control-NumDel. I have no NumDel key on my keyboard. I have tried Control- everything just about and there I remain stuck to the runway! So much for the freedom of flight lol.

Edited by LCAir

27 minutes ago, LCAir said:

A question- to lock/unlock the parking brake I am to use control-NumDel. I have no NumDel key on my keyboard. I have tried Control- everything just about and there I remain stuck to the runway! So much for the freedom of flight lol.

I can go you one better....No numDel or even a regular delete key!  Can you release the parking brake by clicking on it in the cockpit view?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I have been able to release it doing so. But some aircraft don't have a button or lever visible- the Icon A5 for example.

I did- I bought a new joystick lol. My new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro works just fine. It mapped itself in. I suspect that may have been the problem with the Saitek- manual mapping done incorrectly.

• Like 1

BTW, "Ctrl+Num-Del" is the period/decimal point key on the numeric keypad!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator