Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Happy to see NVlink works/Multi-gpu

https://imgur.com/nW0eUoW

I was quite pleased to see that Nvlink works on the new setup of mine.  Both GPUs activate, and distribute the gpu load across the two 2080ti cards that I had installed.

the cpu is i9-10900k the memory is 64g. 3200 ddr4.

the sim detected ultra during setup, and I left it at that.  We will see what New York does at a later date, and move sliders if needed.  

Nvlink is not SLI, which I doubt is enabled for this sim.  It is only available on rtx2080 cards, Titan, and Quadros, as far as I know.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

Wow. Nice setup

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Nice...

I may do that again when the 3xxx series is out.  No point me buying another 8gb video card.  Is the VRAM being distributed and all.  I know with NVLink - vram gets used too now.  Something like that I read with the 2xxx series cards

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Forgot to quote

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

27 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Nice...

I may do that again when the 3xxx series is out.  No point me buying another 8gb video card.  Is the VRAM being distributed and all.  I know with NVLink - vram gets used too now.  Something like that I read with the 2xxx series cards

What’s nice is that it just looks at it as 1 22 gig card, vram and all.

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

38 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

I was quite pleased to see that Nvlink works on the new setup of mine.  Both GPUs activate, and distribute the gpu load across the two 2080ti cards that I had installed.

This is awesome news!

1 minute ago, Emerson67 said:

This is awesome news!

That’s why I thought I would share!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

Wow, happy to hear that!

Personally I am running two 980 cards, I tried playing with the SLI bits today. I could get both cards to work, but basically had negative scaling and went back to just one card. Hopefully, not for ever :)

( I tried the settings from The Crew, Dx11bits of 00000f5 (The Talos,....) , AFR2 and Two/Four gpus )

• Upvote 1

I’m guessing that some genius (not me!) will crack the code.  I just know how to spend money.  I bet you will figure it out though!

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

5 minutes ago, highflyer2020 said:

but what fps are you getting?

It’s in my original post, but here it is.  Ultra everything except motor and boat traffic.  3440x1440 at 120 hz.

along Chicago skyline the frames “slipped” once to 39, otherwise stable around 45 to 49.  

trying New York tomorrow, maybe tonight.  My brain is dead from the early morning downloading..

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

1 minute ago, FrankR409 said:

It’s in my original post, but here it is.  Ultra everything except motor and boat traffic.  3440x1440 at 120 hz.

along Chicago skyline the frames “slipped” once to 39, otherwise stable around 45 to 49.  

trying New York tomorrow, maybe tonight.  My brain is dead from the early morning downloading..

could you try heathrow with the 787 by any chance? i was getting about 25fps there with a 9900k/rtx 2080ti & 32gb ram.

interested to see how much performance you get from an SLI 

23 minutes ago, AgeR said:

Wow, happy to hear that!

Personally I am running two 980 cards, I tried playing with the SLI bits today. I could get both cards to work, but basically had negative scaling and went back to just one card. Hopefully, not for ever 🙂

( I tried the settings from The Crew, Dx11bits of 00000f5 (The Talos,....) , AFR2 and Two/Four gpus )

Making SLI scale requires writing the rendering loop in a certain way. It is likely that the loop is just waiting for each card and not moving forward. If you the add the overhead of the drivers/DX managing shipping data across the bus to two sets of VRAM instead of one, I can understand why the scaling is negative.

It's definitely a bummer, and I feel for those who have SLI setups (I had a pair of 980s at one time also). But SLI has definitely been deprecated by the vendors these days due to the complexities of managing it from the software end.

1 minute ago, highflyer2020 said:

could you try heathrow with the 787 by any chance? i was getting about 25fps there with a 9900k/rtx 2080ti & 32gb ram.

interested to see how much performance you get from an SLI 

My apologies in advance, I am not ready to transition to jets yet.  I’ll give NY a try GA, and I’ll try the same at Heathrow at some point as well, but ga for now.

my guess is that gpu moves up beyond the utilization I’m showing, frames likely in the 30 range.  Gpu temps were sub 60c when I ended my last session..

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K