Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Happy to see NVlink works/Multi-gpu

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Yes!!!!

Just what I wanted to hear!

What PSU are you running them on?  Heard new PSU's are coming with 12pin power connectors for the 3090ti's.

Now bring on the twin 3090ti's at $1,400.00 a piece and full ULTRA Settings!!!

It doesn't work, check the full thread. OP posted screenshots showing second GPU utilization at 19%

2 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

It doesn't work, check the full thread. OP posted screenshots showing second GPU utilization at 19%

Perhaps so, to what do you attribute the memory being shared across both cards though?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

56 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Perhaps so, to what do you attribute the memory being shared across both cards though?

A bug, as it just thinks your 11GB+11GB is one single card. Still only uses one unfortunately. On top of that NVLink in video games uses SLI to share information, which basically means that you can't share memory in games.

39 minutes ago, SirFlamenco said:

A bug, as it just thinks your 11GB+11GB is one single card. Still only uses one unfortunately. On top of that NVLink in video games uses SLI to share information, which basically means that you can't share memory in games.

Sounds good.  Then all of the monitors I have used (including Windows task manager itself) are bugged.  Lol.  This isn’t sli, it’s Nvlink.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

47 minutes ago, FrankR409 said:

Sounds good.  Then all of the monitors I have used (including Windows task manager itself) are bugged.  Lol.  This isn’t sli, it’s Nvlink.

This is SLI over an NVLink bridge, which is why you don't get memory pooling and insane scaling in titles that do support 2 GPUs, like you would with rendering applications which simply use NVLink and no SLI. NVLink's bandwidth potential is here, but SLI simply can't use it effectively. Not that it matters, since Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 doesn't support either. Also you might want to edit the first post, since in its current form it gives people the wrong impression that the game does use 2 GPUs. It happened with @Kilo60

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Yes!!!!

Just what I wanted to hear!

What PSU are you running them on?  Heard new PSU's are coming with 12pin power connectors for the 3090ti's.

Now bring on the twin 3090ti's at $1,400.00 a piece and full ULTRA Settings!!!

Save your money and buy one card as OP's assertion is incorrect. MSFS 2020 does not utilize more than 1 GPU. 

One 3090 should do the trick. Be quick on the draw though, I fully expect them to sell out very fast. Word on the internet is initial stock will be extremely low. 

• Like 1

Tyson Rose

39 minutes ago, snwboardn said:

One 3090 should do the trick. Be quick on the draw though, I fully expect them to sell out very fast. Word on the internet is initial stock will be extremely low. 

Not of you're willing to pay a Premium for one!  😉

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, snwboardn said:

Credit card at the ready...

I'm also due for an upgrade, but I won't be buying on Day 1. Waiting on user benchmarks as well as a waterblock. If rumors on pricing are accurate (1,400 MSRP.. Which will end up being 15-1,600) I'll be opting for 3080 super 20gb version. 

My 1080ti is still quite capable, so not in a huge hurry to upgrade. Would be interested to see what AMD will offer as well. 3090 should be pretty beastly, though rumors say its not using the full die so I'd be curious is a new Titan is coming; today's livestream should be interesting. 

Edited by AbjectMaelstrom

22 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Not of you're willing to pay a Premium for one!  😉

$1500, not sure how much more premium you want to go. I have always done SLI in the past so getting the performance of one card that is near the performance of two for just over double the price seems fair... But it is borderline for sure. 

Tyson Rose

Interested to see what the heat and fan noise is like before shelling out $$$ for any of the 3X series cards.

If they sound like a turbo fan when at max load I might have to take a hard pass...

My 2080 Super is SUPER Quiet!!!

Edited by Kilo60

Chris Camp

On 8/31/2020 at 11:10 PM, snwboardn said:

Again, SLI isn't supported anyway so he better hope one will do the trick 

8 hours ago, SirFlamenco said:

Again, SLI isn't supported anyway so he better hope one will do the trick 

I definitely will buy a 3090 and will sell my two 2070S.

7 hours ago, Lex78 said:

I definitely will buy a 3090 and will sell my two 2070S.

I am scared about waiting and finding out 3090's are basically a paper launch and since the 3090's launch a week later than the 3080 missing out on both cards. 

Just my theory but I think if you miss out on this initial shipment of cards you won't be getting any 3000 series until the holiday season at the soonest. Hopefully by then the console market will ease pressure. 

It's funny because people try to make it out as an Nvidia vs AMD thing but at its core it is TMSC vs Samsung who hold all the chips (double pun intended). Because what does it matter how great your cards are if the companies mass producing your silicon can't keep up with demand?

Tyson Rose