Sign in to follow this  
Lukamak

Navigraph Charts + MSFS 2020

5 hours ago, Po55um said:

Stephan:

Thank you for the information on the updated simlink as it is working perfectly on my primary computer, the one running MSFS 2020. Is there a setting or configuration change I can make to have simlink and charts run on my secondary PC?

Simlink needs to be installed on your sim machine. Then you can use the Charts apps on any computer/tablet as long as both Simlink and Charts are registered to the same account. It should work out of the box.

Stephen O'Connell

40 minutes ago, stephendoc said:

Simlink needs to be installed on your sim machine. Then you can use the Charts apps on any computer/tablet as long as both Simlink and Charts are registered to the same account. It should work out of the box.

Hi Stephen, 

When are the new VFR charts coming out? By the way, you guys are offering a great product. 

Regards,

Shelman S.

Intel i9 9900KS, o/c @ 5.1 GHz; EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming; GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER; Thermaltake 32GB RAM @ 3600 DDR4; 3xSabrent Rocket 4.0 2TB SSDs; LG UltraGear 38GL950G-B 38" 21:9 Curved 144 Hz G-SYNC IPS Gaming Monitor; Acer Predator x34 UHD (3440x1440) @ 100hz GSYNC; Windows 10 64 bit; X-Plane 10; X-Plane 11.5r2, DCS World Open Beta, Prepar3dv4.5; Prepar3dv5 Professional. Honeycomb Yoke, Saitek Pedals, Switch, and Autopilot Panels. Obutto R3Volution Cockpit. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and F18 Joysticks and Throttle. 

3 hours ago, stephendoc said:

Thank you, not sure why it did not work last night but it is working correctly now.

14 hours ago, stephendoc said:

Andreas, 

Did you actually try running Navigraph Simlink, today’s build? It utilizes Simconnect but we don’t see any performance loss and nobody in our forum has reported any performance hits with MSFS 2020.

Regards,

Stephen / Navigraph

Hi Stephen,

I can vouch that it works perfectly with no performance hit.

So nice to have moving maps again.

Love Navigraph!

Remember there's a free program named Chartfox, that does a lot of the things Navigraph does. You just need to have a Vatsim account to use it.

• Like 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

15 hours ago, stephendoc said:

Andreas, 

Did you actually try running Navigraph Simlink, today’s build? It utilizes Simconnect but we don’t see any performance loss and nobody in our forum has reported any performance hits with MSFS 2020.

Regards,

Stephen / Navigraph

I just tried it, didn't know it was compatible with MSFS and I am a monthly subscriber. It works good, however it does introduce stutter every 4-5 seconds momentarily. Turned it off, and stutter disappeared. 

Installed latest download (actually while in a flight LOL) and boom, my charts app on the other PC suddenly know where i am.  No fuss no stutters etc.

Thanks to the Navigraph folks for getting on that, i have an old PC and screen dedicated just to the charts.

Janet Virtual Airline

MSFS2020 / XPlane
i9-9900K, 1070Ti, 32GB Ram, Honeycomb Alpha

I updated to latest version but its not working at all. It doesnt have a setting to allow me to set MSFS location like P3D and XP11.

On 8/18/2020 at 8:51 PM, stephendoc said:

Andreas, 

Regards,

Stephen / Navigraph

So does simlink work for the moving map on a second pc ?

On 8/19/2020 at 6:49 AM, stephendoc said:

So it doesn't use Simconnect ? Or does simlink talk to Simconnect ?

Many are having stutter issues and believe Simconnect is having problems.

It works with Navigraph SimLink running on the primary computer (system running MSFS 2020) and Navigraph Charts on a separate computer then selecting "Enable moving maps". One thing I have noticed is that after I end a flight SimLink reports that it has "[old data]" in red for subsequent flights I had to restart SimLink.

On 8/21/2020 at 10:33 AM, GodAtum said:

I updated to latest version but its not working at all. It doesnt have a setting to allow me to set MSFS location like P3D and XP11.

Same issue for me, any idea on how to get this to work???

I just  updated simlink and it works great with no performance hit. I didn’t even use settings to find sim path like it was in P3D. I started simlink and charts and it just worked. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Got it working, a bit embarrassed by my blunder, but If I did it then someone else just may as well..... Be sure to have "Broadcast Flight Data" checked on simlink in the task bar. Once I checked that all was working just fine. 

Works for me on my iPad and MacBook Pro. MSFS2020 works well. I was a bit concerned because I run all my Sim stuff on an iMac 27in Bootcamped with Win 10 Pro. I wasn’t sure if Microsoft would like it but it’s good.
I bet they have a looong snagging list to deal with though, mostly small stuff but lots of work.