Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

ATC, can't hear it half the time.

Can confirm multiple people are seeing this including me.  Hopefully MS will address soon.

• Like 1

Same 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

same, didn't have a problem in beta, but with the release its the first time

kind regards

Intel Core i9-12900K | 16x 3.20 GHz, 30MB L3-Cache; Gigabyte Z690 AORUS AORUS Pro | Intel Z690; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB | Gigabyte Gaming OC; 2 TB Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0; Meta Quest 2, HP Reverb G2 Rev 2

Switch to offline ATC instead of Azure.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I've found the offline better for now - think Azure is taking a hit - anyway i can change the offline voice from female to male? The windows settings don't seem to make any difference...?

Can't hear the ATC Voices at all they are so word not allowed low in volume...

Does the "offline" mode fix the audio?

What's the difference between Azure and "Offline"...?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

Same thing with Azure. Never had problems until today. I guess cloud can't handle so many ATCs 🙂

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

11 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Can't hear the ATC Voices at all they are so word not allowed low in volume...

Does the "offline" mode fix the audio?

What's the difference between Azure and "Offline"...?

Thanks!

My understanding Azure is connect to internet to get voice to speech (like Alexa or Siri) Off line is windows voice to speech which sounds pretty robotic 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I also had the same issue and switched to offline ATC - this uses your local W10 text to speech ability instead of the Azure cloud server infrastructure. 

While this solves the issue for me 100% it also makes my pilot sound like a 9 year old boy hahah!

Edited by Galoot

Same issue here. Also with checklists. 98% of voices is missing...Any Ideas so far? Missing language files on OS?

UPDATE: Helps to install voice packs in windows settings!

Edited by Gabster

Swtiching to offline solve the problem. Anyway maybe not listening atc is not so bad... it is very very basic. I can't stand it doesn't have transition level/altitude management...

Igor Bischi

You need to install the English (us) language pack to your pc as mentioned in the installer.  Go to settings - language and install english(us) and put it top of your list of installed languages. 

Run the sim as admin and that should fix it. 

• Like 1