Sign in to follow this  
Cat_Dad

Does FS2020 Require a MS Store Account?

When I try to buy a copy of FS2020 at the Microsoft site, it says I am not allowed to download because I have not followed Microsoft rules. I do not have a MS account other than a genuine copy of Win 10 Pro which is up to date. They have allowed me to download FREE apps from their store without problems. Now that I am willing to buy software from them I cannot even complete a sign in to the site.

What is the secret to purchase the new sim? 

Can you buy a hard copy other than a CD or DVD?

Terry

You can buy it thru steam. Also, are you logged into the store when you attempt to purchase? 

Just shooting in the dark here. That's a strange issue.

You have to be signed into a MS account in order to purchase programs. Just having W10 isn't enough. This will apply to the Steam version as well.

It will not allow me to sign in even though I am Administrator of my computer/account. Says I have not followed MS rules and regs.  Do not have Steam account either. All I want is a working FS2020 . If it is this much problem before buying, I will stay with X-Plane 11.5

Terry

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cat_Dad said:

It will not allow me to sign in even though I am Administrator of my computer/account. Says I have not followed MS rules and regs.  Do not have Steam account either. All I want is a working FS2020 . If it is this much problem before buying, I will stay with X-Plane 11.5

Terry

Hi Terry,

You being an admin or not on your PC is totally irrelevant to signing in to the MS Store.

Can you show us a screenshot is this please:

"Says I have not followed MS rules and regs"

You need to register an account at the MS Store, I have no idea what rules you're referring to.

Cheers,

Jerome