Sign in to follow this  
adesai73

GPU being underutilized

Again, like I've said try 4k with max AA and AF and check your GPU usage if it's not MAX'ed then I'd be concerned!

Chris Camp

I made a couple posts last night about this seemingly common problem some of us are having. Some beta testers said the beta was smooth but are now having this same problem on release.

The CPU is at 100% and low or inconsistent GPU usage. Graphics settings don't make a difference, several others myself included have tried everything. Rolling back drivers helped me a little but stutters are still noticeable. Even at 40-50 FPS it feels like 20-25 with the stutters. Hopefully we get a fix soon...

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I've noticed this happening depending on where I'm flying. If I'm flying in a dense urban city then my CPU usage will be high and GPU usage will be very low. Everywhere else GPU usage is high and CPU is also high 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

and for some particular reason, GPU usage in menu and splash screens is usually around 100%.

• Upvote 1

I noticed this too, when I was playing from Kiribati I had low cpu usage and 98-100 GPU usage all the time.
After nvidia drivers update I have GPU and CPU, and even RAM at around 40%, GPU sometimes hits 80%
No negative change in the FPS, it looks smoother.
My guess (and looking at the temperatures) is that the GPU usage reading is wrong.

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster