Sign in to follow this  
kevinc5

Has anyone tried FS with Game Pass?

I enrolled in Game Pass to get a quick, inexpensive ($1) look at how my rig would handle Flight Sim. I was never able to figure out how to download the sim.  Help was no help. Finally gave up and uninstalled Game Pass.  Anyone have better luck?

Yes. I have installed it and it works as it should. 
It’s quiet easy to download it via Gamepass, just getobten Gamepass App, look for MSFS and Click on Download. Then wait, it’ll take a bit. 
after installing the installer, run the game and wait for downloading the 90gb update 

I installed it from Kiribati using Gamepass. No problems whatsoever and no glitches in-game. Best $1 I ever spent.

Yep, I got it via GamePass as well. All worked well, got a hung screen at some point, but I just ended the process with task manager and reloaded it and it finished the setup without any further hitch. The guys who bought it on Steam complain bitterly about the setup process and only giving it a 54% score, mostly because they can't refund it after the installer ran longer than 2 hours lol. So I guess GamePass is a better and much cheaper option

Edited by rooitou

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

I download XBox Beta, then opened the XBox beta AP, search for FS2020, and hit install. 91GIG download took about 2 hours. It took another few hours to set-up, then a few minutes of testing, and a second to reset my computer. It did not run well on my aging system.

Edited by DJJose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I subscribed, downloaded Xbox app but could not install. I clicked on install but nothing happens.

Ended up cancelling the subscription.

Currently running game pass at the moment. After the initial teething issues i had it downloaded without a hitch over night.

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

It's also the best way to prevent MS to make any profit with this borked launch. 

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB