Sign in to follow this  
benwbriscoe

Marketplace payment failure

Even though I have valid payment settings set up in my microsoft account, I get a 'Payment Failed' notification everytime I try and buy something within the simulator. So irritating.

• Like 1

Hi.
I'm looking forward to see how to fix this as I am also getting the same.  "Purchase failed" alert.
I've tried turning my my virus and web protection off just encase that was the cause.
The PC is fully up-to-date,

Maybe it's the two factor authentication?.

Edited by UKPete
  • Like 1

Just an update.
I was able to buy the update for London City directly from ORBX's web site and installed it successfully.

Are you guys running FS as administrator? I found that I got payment failures when doing so. Running FS normally solved it for me.

• Like 2

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

I’ve been having this problem for the past few days. Just found this thread and tried the purchase while not “running as admin” and worked like a charm. Thanks!!

• Like 1

I have been having this problem for sometime now. I DO run it as "administrator" every time I run the program, and yet I still cannot purchase anything, and I even put funds into my "Microsoft" account just to be sure there were NO bank contact issues or other security issues removing that level of possibilities. 

It is a QUICK failure, immediately upon attempt at purchase a dialog comes up, closes (so fast that I cannot read it), and then I get a notification in MSFS that "My purchase of XXXX failed". This happens no matter what i do, and even after the most recent update.

I WAS able to make the 182T purchase earlier on, without a hitch.

Frustrating, and I get crickets from the MSFS "help", oh, excuse me..."Zendesk"...site.

@starsailorzed
I think they want you to try running as normal user, *not* as admin...

PC Specs: Intel i5-7500, 16GB DDR4 2400 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 1660 6GB GPU, 1TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO M.2, 1TB spinning rust HD (via SATA), 3TB spinning rust HD (via USB), Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Logitech Attack 3 Joystick

FSX: SE | MSFS2020

17 minutes ago, starsailorzed said:

I have been having this problem for sometime now. I DO run it as "administrator" every time I run the program, and yet I still cannot purchase anything, and I even put funds into my "Microsoft" account just to be sure there were NO bank contact issues or other security issues removing that level of possibilities. 

It is a QUICK failure, immediately upon attempt at purchase a dialog comes up, closes (so fast that I cannot read it), and then I get a notification in MSFS that "My purchase of XXXX failed". This happens no matter what i do, and even after the most recent update.

I WAS able to make the 182T purchase earlier on, without a hitch.

Frustrating, and I get crickets from the MSFS "help", oh, excuse me..."Zendesk"...site.

Try without running it as administrator. The game seems to try to authenticate you on your Microsoft account when purchasing, which it mostly seems to not do correctly if it's running as administrator.

Edited by aktorsyl
  • Upvote 1

Intel Core i7 8700k clocked to 4.6GHz, GTX1080Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, MSFS installed on NVMe drive, Windows 11, Dell 27" 60Hz Monitor + Dell 24" 60Hz Monitor. Resolution 1920x1080. Game Mode on, GPU scheduling enabled (Win11). MSFS settings: High-End for airlines, Ultra for GA.

Hi guys

I had the same problem as the OP.

This worked for me:

• Download & Install the Xbox (beta) app > here < or visit this page
  • Reboot your computer
  • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Windows Store
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, tyf said:

Hi guys

I had the same problem as the OP.

This worked for me:

• Download & Install the Xbox (beta) app > here < or visit this page
  • Reboot your computer
  • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Windows Store

Will try this tomorrow !

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive