benwbriscoe

Marketplace payment failure

On 9/8/2020 at 4:22 PM, tyf said:

Hi guys

I had the same problem as the OP.

This worked for me:

• Download & Install the Xbox (beta) app > here < or visit this page
  • Reboot your computer
  • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Windows Store

This worked for me also. Thank you!

I had to be sure that my region was set correctly in XBox and on my computer settings, so that everything matched.  Once I had my region set correctly the Marketplace purchases worked perfectly.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:32 AM, aktorsyl said:

Are you guys running FS as administrator? I found that I got payment failures when doing so. Running FS normally solved it for me.

Thanks for mentioning this. That fixed it. Cheers.

• Like 1

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:22 AM, tyf said:

Hi guys

I had the same problem as the OP.

This worked for me:

• Download & Install the Xbox (beta) app > here < or visit this page
  • Reboot your computer
  • Launch Microsoft Flight Simulator from the Xbox app instead of the Windows Store

Didn't work for me. Ill just go back to X-Plane till this game gets sorted some more

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

Not getting your update, try this:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type Microsoft Flight Simulator

2. Click on App Settings

3.                3     On the page that opens, select REPAIR if it's available. If it isn't available or doesn't fix    the problem, select RESET

its 29 oktober and i can still NOT buy and download anything in marketplace..FFS

Edited by hrflikk

Well, Carenado lost a sale to me today.  Marketplace is total trash to buy from even with my card on file in my microsoft account. I buy music all the time on on other app with it.  Very bad decision for Carenado to make "Marketplace only for their Aircraft purchases. 

• Upvote 1

Capt. Robert Rixx

I have the zone problem also, so the question is, If I have the MSFS XBox edition, can I download a scenery from Steam  ?

And if not, which is the way to go ? I live in Argentina, and am using local credit cards which I iused to buy the simulator and afterwards some other files within Marketplace, without any problem up today

My problem raised suddenly, , and nothing was changed related to it (same system and adress region, credit cards, etc)