Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Pan freely inside cockpit and Outside airplane

Can someone assist with how to makes my views pan inside the cockpit and outside the aicraft as we did on P3D or FSX?

Inside the cockpit I see I can use the mouse, but that's cumbersome.  I want to be able to map this to a button on my Pro Flight Yoke so I can freely pan around without those stop-by-stop camera views .

• Upvote 1

Just now, joemiller said:

Can someone assist with how to makes my views pan inside the cockpit and outside the aicraft as we did on P3D or FSX?

Inside the cockpit I see I can use the mouse, but that's cumbersome.  I want to be able to map this to a button on my Pro Flight Yoke so I can freely pan around without those stop-by-stop camera views .

I will hopefully get an answer today regarding this.  Right now my xbox joystick is doing all the panning by default.  I just have to configure it to my pov buttons on the joystick.  

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

The view commands are somewhat difficult to get used to. I'm doing this from memory since it's been downloading all day, but go to Cockpit View, and select "Cockpit Look Left" and map that to your joystick hatswitch left, and do the same for right, up for forward and down for back. Then do the same for external view. It will tell you they are already mapped but validate anyway, and it will do it.

Avsim member since 2002. 1000+ posts on old account.

7 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Map cockpit look up, down left right to your pov hatswitch. Make sure you are searching all and not just assigned. 

Right so I'm using the POV hatswitch, but if I map that way will it move freely, or will it just cycle view per view?

And, is there a way to turnoff the instruments diagrams when being on the Outside  View? 

36 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Yes. Try it out. It wil pan. If you want to move your viewpoint use the same ones but with translate added to the name. 

go to camera options. Find a setting referringv to hud in external view and turn it off. 

"but with the translate added to the name."    
Does this mean I need to add the word Translate to POV at the end on the description? 

Just now, joemiller said:

"but with the translate added to the name."    
Does this mean I need to add the word Translate to POV at the end on the description? 

The function you want to map is called Translate cockpit look up etc to move.

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

What do you all do to snap view back to front/default after panning?

Is there a keystroke to re-center view?

Chris Camp

3 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

What do you all do to snap view back to front/default after panning?

Is there a keystroke to re-center view?

Try C or F

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Can you use mouse look for the drone?

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

I thought this might be helpful....this is how I setup my hat switch and two buttons on my yoke to work like P3D did. Cockpit view is like VC in P3D and the hat is setup to free look/pan.  I set a button to change the external view, which is the "spot" view from P3D and setup the hat switch to work with that also. Lastly, I setup a button to 'reset' the view, as I had in P3D also to recenter the view in the cockpit. Here is the setup:

yhSMklp.jpg

ltNb0zf.jpg

Also note there's a great video tutorial pinned to this forum for more setup info.

• Like 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT