Sign in to follow this  
N9718

Looking for the MSFS Ships / Boats

Well, I've been at MSFS since 8AM EST this morning. I just flew out of Athens, Greece (LGAV) to the island of Milos (LGML). On my way there, I flew over the Piraeus. While I saw a lot of satellite photos of ships / boats, I saw no actual boats / ships even with leisure boats and ship and ferries both set to 100. That's a bit disappointing.

Other than that, I'm learning to tweak my graphics settings based on my location to get the best performance I can on my system.

Happy flying.

• Like 1

FSX Gold SP2 (FSGen + GEX + UTX + REX) --- XP10 / XP11 --- MSFS 2020

Intel i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz / 16GB / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo / MFG Crosswind v3

I have seen lots of boats. Problem is, they’re all baked in to the water. You should try the river Seine, just off the Eiffel Tower. Lots of baked in boats there. 

2 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I have seen lots of boats. Problem is, they’re all baked in to the water. You should try the river Seine, just off the Eiffel Tower. Lots of baked in boats there. 

Yeah, there's a lot of "baked" boats at the Piraeus too (i.e. satellite images of boats). There's just none actually floating / operating, which is disappointing given it's Greece.

Edited by N9718
  • Like 1

Found some boats / ships around Santorini, but still underwhelming at setting 100.

FS Norway's Global ship traffic actually works if you install it as an addon in the community folder (and create a manifest and layout file)

42UyQmp.png

NbPEF0L.png

2iEzjpo.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Tuskin38,

Wow, now you got my attention (and I can't even remember how many year's it's been since I posted in this forum). 

I have Global Ships installed in P3D as well.  But more importantly, if you can get Global Ships working that means you can get normal AI traffic (eg Alpha India) working too.  Besides Global Ships I have 495 airline traffic files installed in P3D and I'd be curious to see the impact on FPS in MSFS2020.  Obviously they need to be the FSX model.  How did you get the layout.json file created?  I haven't looked at the SDK yet but maybe I should.  The two things I don't know about is the 'size' and 'date' as they seem to vary depending on object.  The rest is not rocket science.

Andre

10 minutes ago, andrejurt said:

Tuskin38,

Wow, now you got my attention (and I can't even remember how many year's it's been since I posted in this forum). 

I have Global Ships installed in P3D as well.  But more importantly, if you can get Global Ships working that means you can get normal AI traffic (eg Alpha India) working too.  Besides Global Ships I have 495 airline traffic files installed in P3D and I'd be curious to see the impact on FPS in MSFS2020.  Obviously they need to be the FSX model.  How did you get the layout.json file created?  I haven't looked at the SDK yet but maybe I should.  The two things I don't know about is the 'size' and 'date' as they seem to vary depending on object.  The rest is not rocket science.

Andre

The A32N github has a python file that will generate the layout file for you, that's what I use, just place it in the same folder that the layout.json is in and run it after you have all the files you need.

build.py

https://github.com/wpine215/msfs-a320neo/tree/master/A32NX

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Tuskin38,

Great.  I already have the Neo mod installed, just haven't taken a closer look yet.  Thanks for your help!

Andre

Have been saying this since day 1 , This new gen of modders and old modders brought back to life are going to turn MSFS 2020 on it's head and make it into something more amazing!!

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, SirDan said:

Have been saying this since day 1 , This new gen of modders and old modders brought back to life are going to turn MSFS 2020 on it's head and make it into something more amazing!!

I think some credit should be given to Asobo for the "Community" method of installing add ons. It simplifies one major part of an add on install.

Vic

• Like 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors