Sign in to follow this  
newtie

cold and dark question

Hi all-

I've been away for a while and am trying to get back up to speed with my favorite aircraft in P3D V5.

Anyway, is there a way to have the aircraft loaded in a cold and dark state regardless of location (ex: saved flight in c&d) and conversely in a ready to fly state?

Thanks,

Mark

If you are asking can you save a flight independent of location, I don't think so, at least not if you use the standard sim Save Flight menu option which saves your latitude and longitude values.  Of course, you can quickly put the plane into a cold and dark state using the Hangar (Shift + 1). 

Al

Thanks ark. I already new about the hanger setting. I was wondering if I could avoid that and have the Lear always load c&d.

1 hour ago, newtie said:

I was wondering if I could avoid that and have the Lear always load c&d.

Yes, if you save it cold and dark. If that is the way you always want it to load, just save it that way after each flight. Or if you use a default a/c like the F-35 as your 'standard' default flight, then save the F-35 cold and dark. Then when you switch to the Lear, I would expect it should be cold and dark as well.  Doesn't that work?

Al

Edited by ark

Actually, none of the above work. It still loads with partially lit warning lights regardless.

I think the best path here is to just hit 'All Systems Off' and start from there. This is getting to be more work than it's worth.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

8 hours ago, newtie said:

Actually, none of the above work. It still loads with partially lit warning lights regardless.

I think the best path here is to just hit 'All Systems Off' and start from there. This is getting to be more work than it's worth.

Thanks for the help,

Mark

Mark,

I tried it myself and couldn't get it to work, so I asked Mark at FSW about it. He said it would probably work for a 'completely' default aircraft, but it makes a difference if there is custom code involved with custom parameters. So it looks like using All System's Off as you suggested is the way to go.

Al

Now if you could get the ALL SYSTEMS OFF command to run automatically whenever a flight was started other than the active runway, or for simplicity every new flight that would also work. I'm thinking of a one line script here. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Now if you could get the ALL SYSTEMS OFF command to run automatically whenever a flight was started other than the active runway, or for simplicity every new flight that would also work. I'm thinking of a one line script here. 

I can certainly make it so EVERY load of the Lear is automatically Cold and Dark (All systems off), but I wonder if that is what someone would want since it only takes 2 key strokes and a mouse click to make Cold and Dark happen now (Shift+1 to open the Hanger, a click on Cold and Dark, and another Shift + 1 to close the Hanger). 

I suppose if Cold and Dark is what you used say 90% of the time for example, then if we make that happen automatically on every Lear load, then the other 10% of the time you could use two key strokes and a mouse click with the Hanger to activate Ready to start.

If that is what someone wants, let me know and I'll send you a modified cab file.

EDIT: BTW, when you save a flight, P3D does save the existing fuel quantities, so that would be preserved when the Lear was next loaded in Cold and Dark.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ark said:

I can certainly make it so EVERY load of the Lear is automatically Cold and Dark, but I wonder if that is what someone would want since it only takes 2 key strokes and a mouse click to make Cold and Dark happen now (Shift+1 to open the Hanger, a click on Cold and Dark, and another Shift + 1 to close the Hanger). 

I suppose if Cold and Dark is what you used say 90% of the time for example, then if we make that happen automatically on every Lear load, then the other 10% of the time you could use two key strokes and a mouse click with the Hanger to activate Ready to start.

Al

I don't think you'd have any complaints for that. Almost every sim plane released by anyone has a c&d tutorial or YouTube video uploaded for it. I'd hazard an educated guess that users of this plane could only ever wish for 2 starting states for it. Either c&d or fully running and ready to taxi with only navigation needing input plus radio tuning (nobody would complain if the radios were pretuned for tower and ground either but I'm getting away from myself here!) 

I humbly speak for most sim pilots I believe by saying the sim is our escape to another peaceful reality. We love the idea of climbing into one of our favorite planes like we found it on the ramp, taking a seat and feeling at peace in the cockpit before moving on with our plans. Of course all is silent until we make our first move :

Power ON. 

I don't think you can do much wrong with this product. This would be like free bread sticks at the restaurant to me, small but much appreciated. 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

7 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I don't think you'd have any complaints for that. Almost every sim plane released by anyone has a c&d tutorial or YouTube video uploaded for it. I'd hazard an educated guess that users of this plane could only ever wish for 2 starting states for it. Either c&d or fully running and ready to taxi with only navigation needing input plus radio tuning (nobody would complain if the radios were pretuned for tower and ground either but I'm getting away from myself here!) 

I humbly speak for most sim pilots I believe by saying the sim is our escape to another peaceful reality. We love the idea of climbing into one of our favorite planes like we found it on the ramp, taking a seat and feeling at peace in the cockpit before moving on with our plans. Of course all is silent until we make our first move :

Power ON. 

I don't think you can do much wrong with this product. This would be like free bread sticks at the restaurant to me, small but much appreciated. 

Well, as I said, if anyone want to go over to the "Cold and Dark side" as I outlined above, I'll be happy to send them a modified file to try.  And just as a reminder, I'm not a FSW employee, just a volunteer Beta tester, etc.

Al

1 minute ago, ark said:

Well, as I said, if anyone want to go over to the "Cold and Dark side" as I outlined above, I'll be happy to send them a modified file to try.  And just as a reminder, I'm not a FSW employee, just a volunteer Beta tester, etc.

Al

Feel free to send me one. I've been taking a break from simming while tweaking setups on race sims instead and am ready to switch back to sim flying soon. My first flight will likely be in this plane so that would be the cherry on top for me! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

Feel free to send me one. I've been taking a break from simming while tweaking setups on race sims instead and am ready to switch back to sim flying soon. My first flight will likely be in this plane so that would be the cherry on top for me! 

Sure. It getting a little late here now and my four leg alarm clock (dog) goes off about 5:30 AM every morning so tomorrow I'll work on the modified file and upload it to my Dropbox and put the link here.

Al

Just now, ark said:

Sure. It getting a little late here now and my four leg alarm clock (dog) goes off about 5:30 AM every morning so tomorrow I'll work on the modified file and upload it to my Dropbox and put the link here.

Al

Sounds great thanks. Ironically between this and my last post I put MY pooch out for his late night run of the yard! 

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

12 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Sounds great thanks. Ironically between this and my last post I put MY pooch out for his late night run of the yard! 

Hi Russell,

Dogs are great friends!

You can download a replacement Cold and Dark Lear35A.cab file from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/90aze2tt29k2q8e/Learjet_35A.CAB?dl=0

This file goes in the Lear's Panel folder and replaces a file by the same name.

Before putting the new file in the panel folder suggest you backup the original cab file by renaming it to Lear35A_Orig.cab, and then you can leave it in the panel folder. Then if you decide you want to 'go back' to the original, just delete (or rename) the replacement file and rename the backup file back to it's original name.

With the replacement cab file, the Lear will load (and reload) in the Cold and Dark (All systems off) state. You can then use the Ready to start option from the Hanger popup (Shift+1), or use your own startup checklist, etc.

BTW, the latest version of the Lear35 is 4.3c.

If you have any problems let me know.

Al

On 8/19/2020 at 2:21 PM, newtie said:

Mark, above FYI.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Upvote 1