Sign in to follow this  
norman_99

What the heck was going on in Alpha/Beta?

5 minutes ago, ShezA said:

I also feel that as a default state this is a level far above all the other sims in the past.

I think this is a fair assessment.  That doesn't mean it's perfect or finished, far from it.  But it's still pretty darn good.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

3 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I've been a developer for just long enough (40+ years actually) to have some difficulty believing that what would be released would be significantly better than what we had at the end.  Maybe a couple more bugs fixed, maybe even some optimization, everything else same-same.  Seems like my prediction was accurate.

Live with what we got, I guess, until things get fixed and improved.  Or they will if I get convinced to buy the thing. 😄 

Hook

Funny thing is that whenever I would disagree with individuals over on reddit exclaiming like little children how "RIP X-PLANE HAHA" and that it will take some time before this sim truly takes over, I would get accused of being an XP fan - boy who was just emotionally distraught with the money I put into an "inferior" sim, or that I was a disgruntled developer mad at the fact that the new sim would make me obsolete. Oh the irony....

Edited by markjj
correction
  • Like 6

Mark Javornik

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

On behalf of all alpha testers (beta didn't happen) I'd like to say, sorry not sorry! Thank MSFT for running out of money to pay Asobo and demanding a release to get some cash flow. We've been ringing all the bells that this thing wasn't even close. 

I was one of the early beta testers. There was never any coms between beta testers and the devs. I filed few bugs that persisted, I got bored and frustrated so I moved on. Gates needs extra money to......

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 minute ago, FlyingInACessna said:

Bug: Cessna 172 when flying at around 3k feet and leaning the mixture, the fuel flow goes UP instead of DOWN... and also C172 feels way underpowered on the climb for an S model.

You do know what the problem there is, right?  The mixture at full rich is way too rich.  Pull the mixture back the first thing you find is max fuel flow, then you get max power, eventually max EGT.  

Mixture is one of those things that could stand a bit of improvement. 😄  Just a bit.  OK, maybe a total rewrite, who am I kidding?  I just adjust the mixture for max RPM during runup, then again at cruise altitude.

Hook

• Like 3

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

11 minutes ago, Mr. Hatty said:

I can take the money I spent on this and invest it elsewhere. See ya'll in 6-12 months and after 3-4 patches or however many it takes to get this game up to expectation

P3D Pro is $200 now go add planes, fsaerodata, scenery and add-ons and then look at the P3D forums, I just don't know how much better of an investment it is.

Look it's no secret, we all knew this would have issues with a project of this magnitude and you're just being silly if anyone though otherwise, this is day one of a new sim with world wide streaming scenery, multiplayer, airac data, live weather, 30 planes, 40 airports, and you could literally fly it for $1 to test it out. I think the criticism not warranted.

• Like 5

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 minute ago, LHookins said:

You do know what the problem there is, right?  The mixture at full rich is way too rich.  Pull the mixture back the first thing you find is max fuel flow, then you get max power, eventually max EGT.  

Mixture is one of those things that could stand a bit of improvement. 😄  Just a bit.  OK, maybe a total rewrite, who am I kidding?  I just adjust the mixture for max RPM during runup, then again at cruise altitude.

Hook

I just listen to the sound in the rentals, never had the luxury of an EGT!

• Like 1

Eric Escobar

2 minutes ago, strider1 said:

I was one of the early beta testers. There was never any coms between beta testers and the devs. I filed few bugs that persisted, I got bored and frustrated so I moved on. Gates needs extra money to......

Some about trees, some about grass...Of course pilots were in minority. Nobody really cared how many hours they have or experience.That was really disappointing  

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

Some about trees, some about grass...Of course pilots were in minority. Nobody really cared how many hours they have or experience.That was really disappointing  

Watch how defensive people get about the sim over in the FB groups when you try to tell them how bad the flight dynamics are

• Like 1

Mark Javornik

1 minute ago, sd_flyer said:

Of course! I have few hundred hours of PIC time!

Edited by strider1

Eric Escobar

The hope is in 3rd party add ons!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Just now, sd_flyer said:

The hope is in 3rd party add ons!

Given how this sim performs with defaults I'm kind of scared to throw a PMDG into this

• Like 2

Mark Javornik

44 minutes ago, David Mills said:

I have absolutely no doubt that Microsoft forced Asobo to release the sim early. Asobo knew there were many things to be fixed. 

Yep. Microsoft gonna Microsoft.:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, markjj said:

Funny thing is that whenever I would disagree with individuals over on reddit exclaiming like little children how "RIP X-PLANE HAHA" and that it will take some time before this sim truly takes over, I would get accused of being an XP fan - boy who was just emotionally distraught with the money I put into an "inferior" sim, or that I was a disgruntled developer mad at the fact that the new sim would make me obsolete. Oh the irony....

That's still going to be true eventually. 

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

8 minutes ago, LHookins said:

Hook

That’s so weird haha max fuel flow happens below the richest mixture setting