Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

This release is the epitome of the gaming industry

On 8/19/2020 at 12:12 AM, maniamcool said:

Examples of such releases are games like Battlefield 5, Horizon Zero Dawn on PC, No Man's Sky.. etc. 

There is NOTHING wrong with Horizon Zero Dawn....PC's broke a perfectly good game. 😄

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Worth noting that No Man's Sky is actually a pretty good game these days. So there's one example of something which had more than a few problems upon release and even before that, when it was illegally streamed prior to release. This showing some negative aspects and problems, yet it has managed to claw its way back with subsequent post-launch patch attention and content updates, to the point where it is actually great fun and one of the better games you can get hold of these days.

• Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

27 minutes ago, Chock said:

Worth noting that No Man's Sky is actually a pretty good game these days. So there's one example of something which had more than a few problems upon release and even before that, when it was illegally streamed prior to release. This showing some negative aspects and problems, yet it has managed to claw its way back with subsequent post-launch patch attention and content updates, to the point where it is actually great fun and one of the better games you can get hold of these days.

I was going to mention the same exact thing.

This game is in complete contrast now to the unfinished dreck it was at release. The game now has a cult following

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Of course Asobo is hiring. Annalists are saying MS will rake in mega bucks because FS2020 is such a success. I love it. I remember releases going back long long before FSX. They all had problems, Every one was pretty good,imo. But I've never been happier with any of them like I am happy with this one.

But, enough from me, this user review has received 1,337 positives likes (so far) on Steam:

75.1 hrs on record (37.4 hrs at review time)

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, Fielder said:

has received 1,337 positives likes (so far) on Steam

1,337? Did you time that number on purpose, or was it just a lucky coincidence? 🙂

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

9 hours ago, Mike T said:

I'm actually only upset with myself for deleting P3D and all my addons. Now I've got to spend the next week reinstalling everything LOL!

I was cautious enough to keep FSX and XP11 installed. Other than the streamed scenery, running both titles at 4K resolution is still pretty good compared to FS2020 and with the advantage my GPU wasn't fizzing at 99%.

Although I've refunded MSFS (for now) it was kind of sad but at the end of the day the new product wasn't working right for me. If all goes well and MS/Asobo really come through and finish/polish the title then I'll be more than happy to reinvest. Who knows, it might even drop £20 in Steam's Easter sale next year which is my projected timescale to assess the state of the title. By then we should know if the MS/Asobo relationship is sustained and that the long term commitment was more than a statement of intent. We should also have an idea whether the likes of PMDG and Captain Sim have been able to put study level aircraft on top of the code.

In the meantime I'm actually discovering the delights of GA flying in FSX or XP11 and I do recall parking up my Anaconda a few weeks ago on the western Galactic Rim, in Elite Dangerous.

• Upvote 1

Apart from the initial download stopping with 35gb to go, i have been really impressed with this sim. Yes there are issues, but these will be sorted in the coming weeks/months.

I predict 6 mth down the line MSFS will be the Sim of choice.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

52 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

parking up my Anaconda

Sounds painful.

Ooo err Missus!

I hope MSFS becomes like Skyrim. Skyrim was a bug-infested mess when it first released, but these days it's an entirely different game thanks to the patches that came later and the wonderful, wonderful MODS. It might take years, but I don't mind having what we have to play with while it gets fixed. Though perhaps it should be marked with the "Early Access" tag that developers use these days to excuse selling unfinished products.

I plan to do some "modding" myself to fix up my local scenery.

• Like 1

Just now, Keto Ketchup said:

Though perhaps it should be marked with the "Early Access" tag that developers use these days to excuse selling unfinished products.

Probably. But then again I think most people are aware that you never buy the Mark 1 of anything, unless it is an MX-5, which is the exception that proves the rule. 🤣

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

I admit it.. I wanted it. I wanted it now, warts and all. Its not perfect, but it's still pretty awesome. No regrets here. Sorry for those who feel swindled.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

27 minutes ago, odourboy said:

I admit it.. I wanted it. I wanted it now, warts and all. Its not perfect, but it's still pretty awesome. No regrets here. Sorry for those who feel swindled.

Ditto. And you'd think by now, given all of our collective experiences in the explosive gaming world for the last what, twenty plus years?, that we'd be used to how the business of gaming from the developer's end must get a game released before finishing it entirely and then improve on the fly, that we'd be used to all of this happy (or not) chaos. I am. Many are and they say nothing while a minority spouts there disappointments. That's OK, but after all this time? You think Microsoft/Asobo is going to act differently than dozens of developers before and will after them? No, they are not. What is the point of all the complaints? No point. Just jawing I guess. It's humorous and funny after a while. I feel transported back to FSX days and before and that's not entirely unpleasant. I don't feel swindled. I feel LUCKY that we are here at all with this rough hewn sim at the beginning with months and years to improve because I was deadly sure that it would never happen.
United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

52 minutes ago, united001 said:

Ditto. And you'd think by now, given all of our collective experiences in the explosive gaming world for the last what, twenty plus years?, that we'd be used to how the business of gaming from the developer's end must get a game released before finishing it entirely and then improve on the fly, that we'd be used to all of this happy (or not) chaos. I am. Many are and they say nothing while a minority spouts there disappointments. That's OK, but after all this time? You think Microsoft/Asobo is going to act differently than dozens of developers before and will after them? No, they are not. What is the point of all the complaints? No point. Just jawing I guess. It's humorous and funny after a while. I feel transported back to FSX days and before and that's not entirely unpleasant. I don't feel swindled. I feel LUCKY that we are here at all with this rough hewn sim at the beginning with months and years to improve because I was deadly sure that it would never happen.
United001

This guy is the perfect example of modern day gaming industry stockholm syndrome.

Just because the practice of releasing broken games is common doesn't mean it's right and we as gamers should accept it.

People like that are the reason why such garbage practices are deemed as acceptable. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Elvensmith said:

...parking up my Anaconda...

Nicki Minaj would never do that! :tongue:

Edited by HighBypass

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)