Sign in to follow this  
SpiritFlyer

Can not download or get to work

Isn't this the Kicker!

I preordered the best version of the new flight sim and everything shows up in the MS store and visible in the library. I have tried downloading, installing or running for many hours and have gotten nowhere. At this point I just want my money back from the Microsoft Store and perhaps try my luck buying it from steam, or else walking from the hobby.

Does Microsoft provide help or alternatively do they refund a purchase price?

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

look up youyube, seen one good vidoe on solving issues with installing.

I had shut off the firewall for the process as advised elsewhere, so I do not believe it interfered. Are there any particular videos from Microsoft themselves? 

Steam is no better, because they only supply the 1 GB launcher; after that you're in the hands of MS servers and software again. In 11 hours of downloading and 4 hours troubleshooting I don't even have 300 mb of the content, that's why I am seeking a refund if it isn't downloading by this evening - why should I reward abject failure?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/580488-downloads-the-same-file-again-and-again/

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I am out of patience.

I stayed up half the night trying this way and that. As far as I can tell I have met all the conditions and the the latest in everything, but unless somethings changes I am done.

Please let me know if you are able to get a refund.Ckyliu.

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 2

I have a general question:

After seeing the aircraft over KSFO with the "press any key" (or whatever it is) notice and a key is pushed, what does the screen look like after that, while it is downloading and/or setting up?

I have 2 variations:

Black screen

Black screen with flashing press any key instructions

Is either one correct?

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

I don't understand why Microsoft made it so complicated to Download/install/play.

I had problem with both MS store for the premium version and the monthly pass.  I had to cancel both because of the installation and download process.

Can they not just make the installation easy as any other software , such as P3D, X-plane, and even the old FSX was easy to install.

I know some have been lucky and managed to install it but I noted on this forum and other forums that many people cancelled the order or changed to other platforms and downloads sites because they had problem downloading/installing this software.

What a shame ! What a frustration ! What a waste of valuable time !

I am back with p3D5 and I am not sure if I will get this MSFS2020 in the future !

• Like 2

I have the same issue, Bought the premium deluxe and i can download the installer but when i press play and the screen comes up saying press any button, The window just shuts down. 

I have had 2 Chat sessions with MS Tech and tried a few things today, but they are blaming a server issue, So i have been told just to leave it for 24 hours and try again.

I was told not to use the Xbox pass app, but to download from the store, Clear Temp internet files, Disable Firewalls etc and close all windows. (house is baking hot now , Little light humor) 

Like you , I feel like asking for my money back, But you have 14 days, On steam you get 2 hours from buying, So no chance of a refund from Steam.   

Will try tomorrow 

Edited by malct
  • Like 2

There is a brand new Nvidia driver I just installed, then re-started without any difference. Same thing. I grow weary.

Been Flight simming forever it seems, for decades. These are perhaps the most frustrating days, for I thought that I knew enough, or know those that do, so that this kind of nonsense would not happen to me, again!

Anyhow, it is a bit of a relief that I am not the only one locked out. Misery loves company!

Kindest regards,

Spirit Flyer :cool:

Stephen

Hi Stephen, I will use this thread to keep you up to date, Maybe i should have got the Boxed Version 

Just tried again, nothing 

To just be clear, I have installed the downloader and i can open it, hear the music, see the plane and the airport, Then it says press any key, I get the circle in the bottom right that goes around for 3 seconds and the window closes 3 seconds later.

MS told me, it closes because it cannot identify the user  

Just now, malct said:

Hi Stephen, I will use this thread to keep you up to date, Maybe i should have got the Boxed Version 

Just tried again, nothing 

To just be clear, I have installed the downloader and i can open it, hear the music, see the plane and the airport, Then it says press any key, I get the circle in the bottom right that goes around for 3 seconds and the window closes 3 seconds later.

MS told me, it closes because it cannot identify the user  

Thank you Malct,

That is exactly what happens to me, identical.

Spirit Flyer

Stephen

• Like 1

Ok Steve, I am pleased that i have found someone with the same issue

Regards my PC, I had to update to windows 10 from 8.1 using the proper channels and i had to upgrade my graphics card and power supply, So has far as i know, its NOT my PC, But i do worry that with installing and uninstalling, Maybe its left some files in places that may effect the download.

I will work with you to get the issue sorted and here is the link to MS Chat  https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

I would hope to be flying by the weekend 

• Like 1

I have fixed my issues with MFS20, namely having paid money for a product and got nothing useable in return, by requesting a refund from Steam. If you have issues playing MFS, I suggest you give serious consideration to request a refund because money talks and Microsoft are not even acknowledging there is an issue right now.

I think we're all going to continue to see the same issues with no workarounds until the launcher is updated. The fact we still have major issues that prevent us from playing at all more than 48 hours on from release for such an expensive product is simply not on, so I give up.

EDIT: Steam were excellent and fully refunded me within 48 minutes of my request, even though they'd logged 13 hours "play time" from my download attempts.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Good luck with Steam, They only allow 2 hours which is rubbish TBH, 

I might ask MS for compensation, even a voucher will be OK