Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

Well LM...

I've been flying KSEA to KLAX in the MSFS 747-8 just now. Beautiful visuals on most of the trip, clouds more interesting than P3D v5. But the sim just inst't stable - by the time I got near KLAX it was jumping and stuttering to the point where there was no way I could land. I've seen this before on longer flights when you're multitasking. P3D never did this to me.

And that 747-8 looks nice, but the systems are limited, the autopilot is all over the place and landing speeds etc are very strange. MSFS is not even close to being ready for the big time when it comes to medium- or long-haul airliner ops. 

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

by the time I got near KLAX it was jumping and stuttering to the point where there was no way I could land.

This happens when it's loading the airport, did it to me too.  It should stop long before you're on short final.  If you have the main page of task manager running, sorted by memory usage, MSFS will be at the top.  When it stutters, check your disk usage.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

59 minutes ago, LHookins said:

This happens when it's loading the airport, did it to me too.  It should stop long before you're on short final.  If you have the main page of task manager running, sorted by memory usage, MSFS will be at the top.  When it stutters, check your disk usage.

Hook

When I checked on my progress - had left the sim running - it was doing this, I'd say I was 30 miles from the airport, well out over the ocean. Tried flying it for about 10 minutes+, problem didn't resolve. Not normal stutters, rather a massive jolting that made flying literally impossible. I'll see if it keeps happening, but it seemed like a lot more than a loading problem to me (and if the sim does that when loading, Asobo has a serious problem!). I was defnitely not keen to throw in the towel after flying all the way from Seattle, but that's just what had to happen.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

When I checked on my progress - had left the sim running - it was doing this, I'd say I was 30 miles from the airport, well out over the ocean. Tried flying it for about 10 minutes+, problem didn't resolve. Not normal stutters, rather a massive jolting that made flying literally impossible. I'll see if it keeps happening, but it seemed like a lot more than a loading problem to me (and if the sim does that when loading, Asobo has a serious problem!). I was defnitely not keen to throw in the towel after flying all the way from Seattle, but that's just what had to happen.

The exact same thing happened to me in the 787 landing at EHAM from EDDF 😟 And when this happens I fire up P3Dv5 and realize how much I enjoy flying it.

My system is i9-9900k 3.60ghz, RTX 2080 ti, 48gb Ram.

Edited by Recognition
forgot to mention..
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

12 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Exactly the same. Got ms2020 to run a few times and now it won't.  Glad to hear it's not just me.  I'll hold off until either pmdg or fsl port their products over 

Did you, like me, uninstall it and attempt to reinstall the entire shebang again? I'm asking as I am curious to know if you, too, ran into download problems. 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

On 8/19/2020 at 6:57 AM, rob0203 said:

The long loading screens are also really annoying in MSFS, have to get past 8 different logo and screens before starting a flight.

The p3d interface is much faster!

On 8/19/2020 at 7:06 AM, simbol said:

It is more annoying when you are developing on it and you have to restart about 5 million times a day 😂

S.

There are a couple of solutions out there that bypass this and take you straight to the page to press any button to start the sim. I just added it to my install and it works great and saves time. Might be good to look for those solutions if this is an issue.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

On 8/21/2020 at 4:51 PM, MikeT707 said:

There are a couple of solutions out there that bypass this and take you straight to the page to press any button to start the sim. I just added it to my install and it works great and saves time. Might be good to look for those solutions if this is an issue.

Could you post the link to this, you mean something like a "startup scenario" hack?

Hardware: i9 9900k@ 5Ghz  |  RTX 2080 TI  |  AORUS MASTER  |  58" Panasonic TV

Software: P3Dv4.4  |  AS  |   Orbx LC/TE Southern England  |  Tomatoshade  |  737 NGX | AS A319 | PMDG 747 | TFDI 717 | MJC8 Q400

5 minutes ago, DellyPilot said:

Could you post the link to this, you mean something like a "startup scenario" hack?

Here is the Avsim link:

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations