Sign in to follow this  
mazex

Whiners and fan boys

1 hour ago, Turpentine said:

Others did not like the idea of paying to be beta testers, which is an absolutely fair sentiment. But then there was a very simple option: don't buy it at launch. Instead, I realize that many of these very well informed people with gazillions posts under their belts actually pre-ordered MSFS2020 and they now basically say that they should not have bought it.

The trouble with being at the cutting edge is that sometimes you're the one that gets cut. It's much more comfortable behind the curve. 🙂  I don't like being an early adopter and I've never pre-ordered a game in my life. What's the point? If it's a download it's not exactly going to sell out leaving empty shelves, is it? If people don't want to suffer the the pain of bugs and missing features, they shouldn't buy early. The gaming industry shouldn't be like that, but unfortunately it is.

I imagine I'll pull the trigger on it in 6 - 12 months, as I've done with all the best games I've owned.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Baber20 said:

Unpolular opinion here but I am actually glad MSFS is so taxing on our systems.

Agreed, and on a relative basis it’s not nearly as taxing on our systems as FSX was at release.  There was literally no hardware in existence (not owned by NASA) that could run FSX well.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Perhaps a lot of the people doing the whining simply have had the wrong expectations.  Now for me, after working in IT for years and spending decades flying every version of MSFS since v4, I didn't have any expectation of it being "perfect"...I mean what does it mean for a flight simulator to be "perfect" anyway...isn't that subjective?  It took 8 hours MSFS 2020 to download and install on my system.  Was I disappointed that odd server issues caused it to take so long and I had to go to bed before it was done?  Yeah.   Are there some weird bugs in it?  Yeah, and I just laugh them off because I expected it. 

After all the years and effort I spent getting my FSX to run really smooth with all the fancy scenery and such, I have to say that hands down I couldn't be more thrilled with the latest iteration and I'm perfectly happy to wait through the early hiccups and weird quirks -- I know they'll get fixed even if I have to make my own workarounds for some of them.  Heck...that's part of the fun for me anyway.

My only complaint right now is I wish they'd have included paint kits for the default aircraft with the SDK.  I mean....I gotta' paint my livery on the airliners. 😁

Edited by Troyair One
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

You are not digressing at all,  you are purposely fanning the fire by insulting those who dont share your views.  Despicable. Off to the bin.

Fair and purposely enough; despicable and in the bin I am. Arroseurs arrosés. 😄

Edited by Turpentine

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Agreed, and on a relative basis it’s not nearly as taxing on our systems as FSX was at release.  There was literally no hardware in existence (not owned by NASA) that could run FSX well.

Oh yeah, I remember those days, un-selecting all the graphical options just so that I could stop the slide show, epic!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr. Hatty said:

garbage flight model

You keep using that word as if we're all supposed to agree with you when there's evidence of this being a good overall flight model.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

5 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Last I checked on Steam, around 1500 negative reviews, a little less than half of the reviews posted were "would not recommend".

Negative reviews always feed of each other. Knee jerk negative reviews are indeed very common in the gaming community. Usually for any product, more people with negative feedback will want to write a review. As an example I have not reviewed the game anywhere as I'm busy flying. So are the 42K on Steam alone who are flying.

As the product matures, the ratio of positive reviews will increase as more mature people start reviewing it.

This is not a disaster at all.

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Haven't read all of the posts. But confirmed, we've got whiners and fan boys.

How about trolls and white knights? Lots of those too.

Chris

3 minutes ago, Slides said:

This is not a disaster at all.

3xwrwp.jpg

...but at least we can pop popcorn 😂

I'm just kidding around. It has issues, there is no denying it. But I do have faith that it really will be ok in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Chris

9 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

A well written post which I see as a half full glass 😉. I understand your point but somewhat I don’t like dividing  the community between fan boys and whiners. Labelling people, putting them in cases.  I prefer to discuss the issues at hand rather than the postures.

It is OK to be both a fan boy and a whiner  IMO

More detail is needed in any case for any report and not content like "everything is broke", "nothing works" and all the rest of it.  So there you go, I said ALL.

Regards

bs

Edited by bean_sprout

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER