Sign in to follow this  
Elwyn

Hat switch

Got to admit, I'm having a lot of adjustments on cameras, so many gimmik and tons of bindings! specially the Hat switch. Does anyone able to make the hatswitch to free look?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

Does anyone able to make the hatswitch to free look?

You need to set the hatswitch as individual buttons for External view and Cockpit view. So if you want free look, go to the cockpit view an set your hat switch to Look Left, Look Right, Look Up, and Look Down. Give that a try.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

43 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

Got to admit, I'm having a lot of adjustments on cameras, so many gimmik and tons of bindings! specially the Hat switch. Does anyone able to make the hatswitch to free look?

Yes I have. Using a Saitek X52 and has set the lower hat switch to internal free look, and the top one as external free view, and then a close button for view reset.

You have to do the four hat switch directions one by one though.

Edited by MrStarhouse

I have the X-56 and spent the better part of 2 hours after work trying to set this up in a way that works for me! 

There's 3 hat type switches on my stick, the left one I had to bind all 8 directions (left, up-left, up etc.) for the cockpit views. And then had to do that all again for the external camera (haven't even gotten near the drone camera stuff, maybe another day). The hat switch on the right I set up to be the "move position" type, translate position left/up/down and so on. Then the third hat switch up top I have set as my trims!

Ya it takes time, but all the options are there to set it up the way you want! The biggest inconvenience is trying to unbind all the functions that are already preset!

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

10 minutes ago, MrStarhouse said:

Yes I have. Using a Saitek X52 and has set the lower hat switch to internal free look, and the top one as external free view, and then a close button for view reset.

You have to do the four hat switch directions one by one though.

Just a note I tried it and found out last night you can bind both views to the same hat switch positions.  It will warn you but it will do it.  If you go to external view and pan around then go back internal the camera is right where you left it in there and  vice versa.  If it's possible to open an external view while internal then I supposed that might cause an issue but I personally wouldn't be trying to do that so this would work for me.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

23 minutes ago, flyinion said:

Just a note I tried it and found out last night you can bind both views to the same hat switch positions.  It will warn you but it will do it.  If you go to external view and pan around then go back internal the camera is right where you left it in there and  vice versa.  If it's possible to open an external view while internal then I supposed that might cause an issue but I personally wouldn't be trying to do that so this would work for me.

Thanks, That's nice. I saw the warning and thought it wasn't possible, but now I will try to have both internal and external on  the same switch 👍

Why can't the hatswitch be assigned as a mouse ?
I want the smooth panning with adjustable inertia that you get with a mouse.

2 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Can't confirm myself yet, try some of the solutions presented in this topic.

Thanks Mate this binding works, this will help alot, thanks to those gave their feedback 😁

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Why can't the hatswitch be assigned as a mouse ?
I want the smooth panning with adjustable inertia that you get with a mouse.

because a mouse is analog (kind of) and the hat switch is just a on/off button in each direction.

Well hatswitch is fine in cockpit.

I can change speed and momentum. Although it resets with each flight !?

But it will not pan in external view.

Going on my list.

What are you assigning it to in the external view control settings?  I have it working both in cockpit and external.  You have to do the assignment for both.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

15 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

But it will not pan in external view.

Bindings are different for each camera.

See this screenshot for the fields you need for external view also.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT