Sign in to follow this  
IgorBR

How satisfied are you with aircraft behaviour so far?

Disregarding scenery and other good-looking stuff, how satisfied are you with the simulation itself, aircraft flying/behaviour/response etc.?

• Like 1

Im very satisfied so far. I have tried the c152, 172, 208b, the cirrus, the tbm and the a320 so far. I do feel that the GA are very well done, or at least measurably better than the a320, but the airbus is still great. 

• Like 3

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

After you setup controllers GA planes are quite nice. 

• Like 5

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

8 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Im very satisfied so far. I have tried the c152, 172, 208b, the cirrus, the tbm and the a320 so far. I do feel that the GA are very well done, or at least measurably better than the a320, but the airbus is still great. 

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding the release of the news sim so I am glad to hear that you have nice experience. I guess we will have to wait for 3rd parties for high-quality airliners, like always so this is understandable.

• Like 1

Nice scenery but, just speaking about the C172 compared to my RW experience, the aircraft sucks.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Aircraft flight dynamics seem good, systems are lacking.

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Just now, IgorBR said:

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding the release of the news sim so I am glad to hear that you have nice experience. I guess we will have to wait for 3rd parties for high-quality airliners, like always so this is understandable.

I just try to stay clear of the negativity and provide some useful information where I can. So far the sim has lived up to my expectations, and in some areas even surpassed them. I guess I'm really positive because I KNOW Asobo has integrity and are working really hard. I expect bugs to be fixed, and I can really imagine how great things are gonna be when topnotch 3pd launchers their state of the art addons. 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Flight sim veteran here! The visuals of the aircraft are outstanding! the flight models and systems are absolute garbage. Eye candy for the gullible, ig-nor-ant gamers.

The flight models are NOT even kinda close, as though they were not even checked so I don't know why people are saying they are "ok" most people/ gamers have no clue how to even check or know what makes a flight model good.

Edited by Cayenne
  • Like 3

Asus P6T deluxe v.2 MB, i7 940 3.5ghz CPU, 6gb ddr3 1600 Ram, ,1K watt Antec PS, 300gb 10k rpm vraptor HDD, Windows 7pro 64, nvidea 470 GTX, Track IR4, Matrox TH2G w/21" displays, Saitek X52 pro hotas and yoke, CH pedels, Butt Kicker

Very satisfied. I'm also real world hobby pilot PPL SEP. Just some examples (This is GA):

- Its very realistic ground effect simulation while landing. If you come in to hot you really float.

- When I was flying the Cirrus last night over a lake close to home (ESOE) I noticed something I haven't noticed in a sim before. When I was flying over the water it was very calm and no turbulence, but as soon as I flew in over land the small turbulence / thermals started. Very subtle, but very realistic. 👍 on that

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, W2DR said:

Nice scenery but, just speaking about the C172 compared to my RW experience, the aircraft sucks.

Would love some details on that. Always helpful to compare real life to sim.

I am more than satisfied with the flight model of most of the planes I have tired. There are some issues for sure in aircraft performance and edge cases but very fixable or minor. In love with the Cub.

Edited by Slides

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, Slides said:

Would love some details on that. Always helpful to compare real life to sim.

I think many of those who say "flight model sucks" etc dont have their controllers setup correctly.
Because, it really isnt so bad. At least GA.

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals