Sign in to follow this  
IgorBR

How satisfied are you with aircraft behaviour so far?

With the Honeycomb yoke the GAs fly quite nicely. Before I had an old Logitech joystick and it was way too sensitive. I didn’t have the patience to fiddle around with the settings though. Might be solvable, I don‘t know. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

5 minutes ago, zemez said:

I think many of those who say "flight model sucks" etc dont have their controllers setup correctly.
Because, it really isnt so bad. At least GA.

"Adjusting" controls to compensate for a flawed flight model is sticking plaster to mask the problem. You shouldn't have to cut your stick set up to -70% exponential to get decent control. I'm afraid this is another myth that is being spread on this forum. 

• Like 3

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

29 minutes ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

I just try to stay clear of the negativity and provide some useful information where I can. So far the sim has lived up to my expectations, and in some areas even surpassed them. I guess I'm really positive because I KNOW Asobo has integrity and are working really hard. I expect bugs to be fixed, and I can really imagine how great things are gonna be when topnotch 3pd launchers their state of the art addons. 

If I may ask, did you buy it on steam or from Microsoft store? What are your specs?

I'm happy, because even if some of the default aircraft feel strange, truth is the core is there to explore, and in good hands, just as with the other flight simulators, there's certainly a lot more to it than what we're able to experiment with these default aircraft.

People should remember they're exactly that - default... Every sim tittle has a few, sometimes just 1 or 2 acceptable, and with time, updates and payware add-ons fill the gaps.

• Like 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

St Helena Airport - FHSH is also missing,

I suppose it is a newer airport, having only been opened in 2016, so maybe the database they are using is too outdated for that

5 minutes ago, liams said:

St Helena Airport - FHSH is also missing,

I suppose it is a newer airport, having only been opened in 2016, so maybe the database they are using is too outdated for that

You can check it on Bing maps, unfortunatelly a very poor quality satellite images. Only one half of Island is good. I hope, that Bing maps will be improved more quickly.

I am happy as well with GA. Flight dynamics felt to me more dynamic, challenging, not that on rail feelings that I used hate in P3D. 

System wise, I don't expect much from default airliners anyways, I mean for default they are not bad, you could fly for now from A to B. Of course this will change once we have third party airliners. 

P.S: I am not a real life pilot, hence I can't comment too much on the flight model as really I have no idea how real Cessna would behave. 

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

54 minutes ago, Cayenne said:

Flight sim veteran here! The visuals of the aircraft are outstanding! the flight models and systems are absolute garbage. Eye candy for the gullible, ig-nor-ant gamers.

The flight models are NOT even kinda close, as though they were not even checked so I don't know why people are saying they are "ok" most people/ gamers have no clue how to even check or know what makes a flight model good.

I have to agree with some here.  Im a aerobatic pilot and have flown pitts s2 and some other aerobatic planes.  And the flightmodel on the Pitts and the Extra are really bad! It should be much more precise!  The roll should start faster and the stop of the roll should stop alot faster!  Now it feels like that when you make full aileron especially on the extra that it starts to roll faster and faster till it make some kind of wierd move and stopps the roll.  A Extra plane can keep rolling and rolling forever. And its very precise in the control. With the start and stop on the roll etc.  So they really need to make this alot better!

• Like 1

I fly low and slow and so far it has been great. I have no complaints.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

2 hours ago, Kristoffer79 said:

And the flightmodel on the Pitts and the Extra are really bad!

And they're not the only ones 😀 . Welcome to the forum(s).

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I've been flying just the Caravan and have learnt to work the ap with its quirks. I like how landing feels in MSFS. There's a good sense of speed and the sounds that are coming from the frame and landing gear create an experience that really manages to immerse me. I leave comparisons between MSFS and real world to people who have real world experience.

Regarding the fact that we talk about stock aircraft here, I am quite pleased at the lower end, and it gets worse the bigger the plane gets--in my personal opinion. Turboprops still are far from realistic when it comes to engine simulation, but also much better compared to a stock P3D/FSX plane. I flew around in the Diamonds and must say, for a stock aircraft, they behave pretty well. The navigation devices (GNS, G1000 etc) are very basic with no real improvements from P3D, except for synthetic vision and the wx radar. My conclusion is, they look great, sound good and fly well FOR A STOCK AIRCRAFT. But anyone looking for a highly detailed and accurate rendition will have to wait for developers to jump in. As it has always been in the sim business.

• Like 2

Regards.
Matthias Hanel

MilViz Beta Team

5 hours ago, zemez said:

I think many of those who say "flight model sucks" etc dont have their controllers setup correctly.
Because, it really isnt so bad. At least GA.

The problem with this statement is, how would one who never flown a real plane know what is a correct setup?
If you flown one then for sure you can tweak things until it feels real..

• Like 1

I've only really "tested" the C152, which I think is mostly done very well.  It also looks great - for a default aircraft I think it's excellent.  However, when applying full power for take off, the aircraft pulls to the left - HARD.  No (real) 152 I've ever flown does this (to the same extent).  I was using the "modern" FM.

Is anyone really expecting detailed systems depth and realism from the default aircraft?  For me, the true test will come when we get to see what 3rd parties can do.

• Like 1

I certainly enjoy the feel of the GA planes. Perhaps too responsive on the rudder side from a flyability perspective often find me overcorrecting and it get quite violent. I use modern flight model anybody use the classic and the sliders?