Sign in to follow this  
Stratocruiser1

Flight Conditions Button

My "Flight Conditions" button does not work. I click on it and nothing happens. So, I can't do things like setup my weather. Someone said I must have it blocked, but could not tell me how to unblock it. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

if you are using multiplayer and not on 'all players' you cant change the weather, it is on live time and weather for everybody. If you want to change the weather you can either change your multiplayer type to all players or to, i forget what its called, group only? or solo, in any case the rightmost option. 

That should let you change the flight conditions

Hope that helps!

40 minutes ago, liams said:

if you are using multiplayer and not on 'all players' you cant change the weather, it is on live time and weather for everybody. If you want to change the weather you can either change your multiplayer type to all players or to, i forget what its called, group only? or solo, in any case the rightmost option. 

That should let you change the flight conditions

Hope that helps!

Liams, where do I go to do that? I have been on line all the time and I can and have changed that to offline, but it still will not work.

In the 'world map' view where you set up the flight, there's a little slider bottom left with the time on it. Set that to anything other than live time, then the box for weather etc should enable at top right. It took me about an hour to figure that out.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, lambourne said:

...It took me about an hour to figure that out.

This is becoming my new mantra with this sim.  I like it, don't get me wrong, but it seems that the requirements for the user interface functionality were written by Torquemada himself.

• Like 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

26 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

This is becoming my new mantra with this sim.  I like it, don't get me wrong, but it seems that the requirements for the user interface functionality were written by Torquemada himself.

Actually I think ASOBO, the world's best game devs did it so you see a lot of controls and views commands that gamers are used to, but not us old time simers. 

1 hour ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Actually I think ASOBO, the world's best game devs did it so you see a lot of controls and views commands that gamers are used to, but not us old time simers. 

I hear you, and definitely appreciate the rich array of options in the menus.  That is a definite plus, no doubt!  

Mixed in with it is some clunkiness or "friction": as they refer to it in UI terms these days, that causes some head scratching form time to time.  .  Little things like creating a flight plan, saving it, then loading it and  not being able to change the options you could change before saving.  Based on what I just read that may be because I wanted to chaneg weather options but had multiplayer options set - I need to confirm that and if so, will chalk it up to an "aha" moment.  Control mapping is certainly very detailed and flexible, but lacks the ability to use modifier keys to combine keyboard modifiers like SHIFT, CTRL, etc to joystick buttons, which is common in many titles and apps these days since it multiplies the usefulness of HOTAS setups and such.   

At the end of the day I won't hold it against the sim just because it isn't perfectly executed on initial release, however.

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!