Sign in to follow this  
bta122

FSX addon aircraft in fs 2020?

Hi,

Is it possible to use FSX addon aircraft in FS 2020?

I've not been able to find anything concrete on this. I did try dropping the addon folder into 2020, but the directory structure is a bit different. 

Anybody had any success, or know if it's possible?

Before anyone asks why, I've got something quite niche I would like to use (a paramotor)

It's a few years old, I did contact author but no response.

Thanks in advance.

I like your optimism! 🙂

• Like 4

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

I believe you'll be able to run some FSX aircraft in there with the legacy model set. I haven't read of it being done yet though

AMD 5800X | Nvidia 3090 FE | Samsung CRG9 49 inch monitor | Samsung M.2 NVMe 1TB|  3, 1TB SSDs| 32GB DDR4 @3600 cl 16| Windows 10|X-plane 11, MS2020

Yes but a pain to make happen as of right now. If the plane uses the old gauge system from FSX, then you'll be gauge-less as well.

Any links to any instructions? I'd like to at least give it a try.

I can probably cope without gauges. 

Thanks.

I'm also interested in finding out how this can be done.

From their SDK:

"Retro-compatibility / Legacy

In previous versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator an aircraft was defined by a single Aircraft Configuration File aircraft.cfg and an optional .air file containing some flight model parameters.
Aircraft configuration files have been upgraded so that all the parameters that were only modifyable by a .air file can now be set in new specialized configuration files directly (flight_model.cfg, systems.cfg, etc..). All tables (alpha and mach tables, engine tables) can now be modified in the flight_model.cfg directly, along with all aerodynamics inputs (lift, drag, moment coefficients from various sources).

With this, .air files are now obsolete in Microsoft Flight Simulator. New aircraft are configured using the configuration files only.

In addition, some legacy parameters have now become obsolete, e.g. many parameters of the [AERODYNAMICS] section. Most legacy parameters for engines and contact points remain relevant."

• Like 5

One of their videos mentioned a simple drag and drop operation to install some legacy aircraft in MSFS.  I wonder if they were able to achieve this.

There are a LOT of differences between FSX/P3D and MSFS in the files.  Simplification and added flexibility.  They may have kept some code to read the legacy files.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Try copying an fsx plane into the Community folder and see what happens

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Be careful about your EULA's.... just saying...most payware (including ours) gives you specific rights about what way(s) you may use their (our) products in....

Sure... I am ready to be trashed... won't be the first time... surely won't be the last....

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

3 hours ago, smoothchat said:

Try copying an fsx plane into the Community folder and see what happens

Well, has anyone tried it, and did it work?

Hook

Larry Hookins

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

Be careful about your EULA's.... just saying...most payware (including ours) gives you specific rights about what way(s) you may use their (our) products in....

Sure... I am ready to be trashed... won't be the first time... surely won't be the last....

Why would you care? It's just experimenting for the fun of it, there's no commercial implication. It's 99% likely to not work with Milviz, but wouldn't it be interesting for us to hear if it did?

• Like 2

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

3 hours ago, Milviz said:

I just carefully read the EULA for my Milviz 737-200. 

Absolutely nothing preventing me from installing this in MSFS, and it also says I can modify the files for my personal use. 

So maybe it's a problem with some other manufacturer - who knows - but at least with the older Milviz stuff you're golden, MSFS 737 coming up!

🙂

• Like 3

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

I'm going to guess that if a EULA does not specifically forbid me to use something in MSFS, then it's OK to do so. 😄 

<ducks and runs>

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Woot!  A2A says their fleet may be in MSFS sooner rather than later!

The pertinent part that applies to this thread:

In the meantime we don't want people moving planes in for several reasons. One is the files are only licensed for the platform they were designed for. The other is we don't want a 1/2 baked version out there with our name on it.

Hook

Larry Hookins

8 hours ago, LHookins said:

Well, has anyone tried it, and did it work?

Hook

I did, and nothing happened. But maybe I didn't put it in the correct place. All the sub directories under the main aircraft are very different, in fact they seem to be in sub directories within subdirectories. 

Anyone know exactly where I just put it, and under what structure?

• Like 2