Sign in to follow this  
bta122

FSX addon aircraft in fs 2020?

We need such a tool for sceneries too! 😉

• Upvote 2

Has anyone tried the P3D planes in the new sim? There are quite a few of their default planes I wouldn't mind flying. The F16 in particular.

Hmmm, the process I'm using is a lot simpler...

ME12C4R2_t.jpg

See the Gliding thread too

Will have to look deeper...but I'd say this is a stopgap, even if payware planes can be converted then a proper MSFS design and build will be much superior.

Edited by keithb77
  • Like 1

Skytrain  cockpit looks ok,  

Not my work!!!

quNkF8G.png

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 3

Has anyone tried the P3D planes in the new sim

Supposedly the P3D MDL files are a 'new' format and not supported.

5 hours ago, SirDan said:

Skytrain  cockpit looks ok, 

OMG!  If I could get the Manfred Jahn C-17 into MSFS I might never fly anything else!  

Any chance you can PM me a link to where they're talking about this?  I doubt Avsim would let you post it.

Hook

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

The official MSFS forum has a thread should be OK for Avsim...sorry that's the one linked above.

Edited by keithb77

4 minutes ago, keithb77 said:

The official MSFS forum has a thread should be OK for Avsim...sorry that's the one linked above.

Already been there.  I was asking specifically about the MJ C-47, but thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

On 8/20/2020 at 3:46 AM, LHookins said:

One of their videos mentioned a simple drag and drop operation to install some legacy aircraft in MSFS.  I wonder if they were able to achieve this.

There are a LOT of differences between FSX/P3D and MSFS in the files.  Simplification and added flexibility.  They may have kept some code to read the legacy files.

Hook

Yes they did, and I recall them saying something about it working if there were no dll files required in the legacy plane.

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 9:24 AM, Milviz said:

Be careful about your EULA's.... just saying...most payware (including ours) gives you specific rights about what way(s) you may use their (our) products in....

Sure... I am ready to be trashed... won't be the first time... surely won't be the last....

Greetings - and hope you are thriving.

Most EULAs that tell you what you can't do in private are unenforceable. It's not dissimilar to selling someone a violin then getting them to agree not to play it left handed!

Edited by robert young
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The pictures I listed is from one person learning , he is not sharing any of this only the screenshots and is giving full credit to the Original Creator from with-in the small community. Only listed them to show it's possible as of 3 days ago. This group in no way is using / modifying payware aircraft. Only showing for inspiration. 

the cockpit interior is Manfred Jahn's C-47 for FSX  and was asked to not pester the original author please

Edited by SirDan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SirDan said:

The pictures I listed is from one person learning , he is not sharing any of this only the screenshots

I spent years watching the MJ C-47 cockpit being created.  I don't mind spending a little while watching the aircraft get moved to  MSFS.  I don't want to pester anyone, I just want to watch their progress... even if it's only screen shots.

Hook

Larry Hookins