Sign in to follow this  
dva238

Give us the old slew mode back!

FS2020 is outstanding, but give us the old slew mode back please.

• Like 2

Press Y, just like in the old Flight Simulators and you have a carbon copy of the old slew mode system... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Go to options to assign controls. Then go to keyboard. Then go to camera views, then expand the slew section. It's all there to assign as you wish.

But I will say that I suggested during testing they leave FSX controls as default since it's familiar. They didn't listen.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, dva238 said:

FS2020 is outstanding, but give us the old slew mode back please.

The mode is there "Y" see in the keyboard section what keys are default assigned...

André

One other option to control Slew is to use an Xbox game controller (wired or wireless). It makes both Slew control and Drone control incredibly easy. You still need to toggle Slew mode using the keyboard 'Y' (or map it to your primary controller). I've mapped both Slew toggle and Drone toggle to my yoke.

6 minutes ago, fhcraig said:

One other option to control Slew is to use an Xbox game controller (wired or wireless). It makes both Slew control and Drone control incredibly easy. You still need to toggle Slew mode using the keyboard 'Y' (or map it to your primary controller). I've mapped both Slew toggle and Drone toggle to my yoke.

I never used Slewmode really. What have i missed ?

Drone is for landscape exploring but slew ?

I used to use an xbox controller with Chaseplane worldcamera (as drone)

My PMDG/FSL doesnt like it

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

The new slew mode; is there, but not really usable for re- positioning  the aircraft in small movements!  It is VERY sensitive.

• Like 1

Simon

There are different Slew speed commands. The default bindings might be the "faster" ones. I found I could get pretty fine Slew control using the Xbox controller.

Slew repositions your aircraft. It's an easy way to "cheat" by moving over terrain. It's also useful if you're trying to "stage" your aircraft position for screen caps. The Drone is literally that - it's a fully controllable external camera view that emulates a drone. It's how a lot of the preview images were done. You can move it external (or internal) to the aircraft or literally park (or pause) the aircraft and fly the drone anywhere (including ground level). Again it has different speed bindings depending on what you are trying to do. Squirrel has some great tutorials on YT including camera control.

9 minutes ago, simon747 said:

The new slew mode; is there, but not really usable for re- positioning  the aircraft in small movements!  It is VERY sensitive.

It has different speeds you can assign in the controls. But you can also assign it like FSX to your joystick so you can go slow or fast at your leisure.

24 minutes ago, bonchie said:

Go to options to assign controls. Then go to keyboard. Then go to camera views, then expand the slew section. It's all there to assign as you wish.

But I will say that I suggested during testing they leave FSX controls as default since it's familiar. They didn't listen.

Watching the preview release videos I was under the impression they were close to classic FS. I guess its just a matter of setting everything how we like it. 

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

2 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Watching the preview release videos I was under the impression they were close to classic FS. I guess its just a matter of setting everything how we like it. 

Mainly, I think they should have left the defaults like the hat switch on joysticks panning (instead of snap views and changing heights) and the view switching system in general, though it was not really intuitive in FSX, it's just what we were used to. The drone camera is far more powerful.

But some of the controls are the same as FSX.

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

The drone is slow.  I'd like for it to go highway speeds and be trackable via third party apps like FSFollow.