Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Stutter Fix Confirmed (May Work for You)

You do not have to tweak your setting remember this is the sim that was going to do away with that. 

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

30 fps or 60fps +1/2 refresh rate may work for some, but it cant be a blanket statement.   Its dependant on your monitor. G-sync probably helps alot.   If your monitor is using AMD based VRR, it likely cant go much below 48 in which case you would be hard pressed to get 48 fps without cutting back quality settings.  The only exception is native support for VRR like P3D did. Found it to be much smoother.   Even though your monitor may be G-sync compatible listed, it still has that higher refresh rate minimum relative to native G-sync.   I asked in the Alpha Beta for native VRR support in the sim.  The answer is they are not looking at it at this time.  Perhaps down the road. 

As mentioned in a previous post, some little program that monitors and sits your task try minimized, can also be the cause of stutters. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

With 30hz capable monitor, set at ncp to 30hz refresh rate, than in sim, set to vsync on and limit to 60 fps... It is butter smooth, thanks for tips friend 🙂

• Upvote 1

C. Uygar

Aircraft Maint. Engineer. at LTFJ

I also found that I had to go into the bios and change "M2.2_2 PCIe Bandwidth Configuration" from 2x to 4x.  It defaults to 2x.  Basically its doubling the bandwidth of the card slot for the graphics card.  This is what its called on the Asus Bios.  Becareful, if you have you sata drives plugged into slot 5 and 6 it will make them unusable.  You might have to plugs into different sata ports.  This eliminated all stutters and gave me almost a 15fps increase.  Warning, Please don't try this if you have no idea about editing your bios. 

Asus Z590-E motherboard, i9-10850K, Samsung EVO 970 1T M2, 32G Gskill RGB 3000 RAM, ASUS Strix ROG 3090OC, Honeycomb Yoke and throttle, Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke and Throttle, Thrustmaster TRP rudder

Just sharing this in the stutter threads because it looks like MSFS is rendering the VFR map even when not displayed. For a number of us, turning it off when not in use has dramatically improved performance and eliminated stutter.

• Upvote 1

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Its 2020 and we are still recommended to play with 30FPS? Come on!

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

13 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

You do not have to tweak your setting remember this is the sim that was going to do away with that. 

It's funny to see people think a sim that is still based on ESP (yes, it is) won't need tweaking.

13 hours ago, HighTowers said:

I asked in the Alpha Beta for native VRR support in the sim.  The answer is they are not looking at it at this time.  Perhaps down the road. 

This list of stuff that’s down the road is becoming longer and longer. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

This list of stuff that’s down the road is becoming longer and longer. 

Not exactly priority when there is more important bugs to squash. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

21 minutes ago, HighTowers said:

Not exactly priority when there is more important bugs to squash. 

I never said it was....... 

On 8/20/2020 at 1:53 AM, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Not this 30Hz stuff again...

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Apparently you guys don't have 4k displays, don't understand how flight sims work, or both. 

There is no possible smoother solution for a 4k setup than 30hz/vsync. I can maintain smooth flight in ultra settings and no stutters with TrackIR.

With unlimited FPS it will have a higher FPS ceiling but introduces stutters as the refresh rate isn't synced to my display. 

Once hardware gets better, 60 hz/sync will be doable but this isn't possible yet. Therefore, the smoothest solution is vsync with your display's refresh rate at a FPS you can maintain in the sim at all times. This remains the case with MSFS (even though you have to set it to 60 to get 30 for some reason).

Flight sims aren't first person shooters. They aren't designed for high FPS. To do so would be to sacrifice scenery, flight models, etc.

Anyone who says 30fps isn't enough hasn't experienced the smoothness of vsync/gsync.

• Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

3 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

If you have a display that has native 30hz and run any flight sim Vsync’d to it so you only need 30 FPS it’s a great way not to waste processing capability and it looks great. No need for 60 or higher in flight simming. Been using this technique for several years in all 5 of my flight sim programs and love it.

Joe

• Like 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

3 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Apparently you guys don't have 4k displays, don't understand how flight sims work, or both. 

There is no possible smoother solution for a 4k setup than 30hz/vsync. I can maintain smooth flight in ultra settings and no stutters with TrackIR.

With unlimited FPS it will have a higher FPS ceiling but introduces stutters as the refresh rate isn't synced to my display. 

Once hardware gets better, 60 hz/sync will be doable but this isn't possible yet. Therefore, the smoothest solution is vsync with your display's refresh rate at a FPS you can maintain in the sim at all times. This remains the case with MSFS (even though you have to set it to 60 to get 30 for some reason).

Flight sims aren't first person shooters. They aren't designed for high FPS. To do so would be to sacrifice scenery, flight models, etc.

Anyone who says 30fps isn't enough hasn't experienced the smoothness of vsync/gsync.

MSFS runs on my 77" 4k @60hz and its smooth as silk now.

Anyone who says 30fps is smooth hasn't experienced the smoothness of 60 or even 120 FPS. Sorry.

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

5 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

MSFS runs on my 77" 4k @60hz and its smooth as silk now.

Anyone who says 30fps is smooth hasn't experienced the smoothness of 60 or even 120 FPS. Sorry.

Lol, maybe at 10k feet in a Cessna over the desert but no way anyone can maintain 60fps minimum at 4k under heavy scenery/settings. 120 is absurd. 

This new sim is certainly bringing out the children.

Edited by bbain1187

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

4 minutes ago, joepoway said:

If you have a display that has native 30hz and run any flight sim Vsync’d to it so you only need 30 FPS it’s a great way not to waste processing capability and it looks great. No need for 60 or higher in flight simming. Been using this technique for several years in all 5 of my flight sim programs and love it.

Joe

If you love that technique well thats good for you! But just because someone plays @30hz for ages doesn't mean its smooth. It may be for some peoples eyes. I have the same debate with my girlfriend when she play on the PS4 and thinks its smooth. It just takes one look for me to see stuttering all over while its totally smooth for her. Shes used to console gaming and 30FPS. I am used to play at 60FPS or above. Please no one tell me 30 FPS is smooth. Its not. It might be SMOOTHER but thats not the same as 60/120FPS. I'm really sorry.