Sign in to follow this  
FlyBaby

Stutter Fix Confirmed (May Work for You)

1 minute ago, bbain1187 said:

Lol, maybe at 10k feet in a Cessna over the desert but no way anyone can maintain 60fps minimum at 4k under heavy scenery/settings. 120 is absurd. 

This new sim is certainly bringing out the children.

I never said MSFS runs @4k. Its the Monitor being a 4k one. Better read first.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

1 minute ago, ThomseN_inc said:

If you love that technique well thats good for you! But just because someone plays @30hz for ages doesn't mean its smooth. It may be for some peoples eyes. I have the same debate with my girlfriend when she play on the PS4 and thinks its smooth. It just takes one look for me to see stuttering all over while its totally smooth for her. Shes used to console gaming and 30FPS. I am used to play at 60FPS or above. Please no one tell me 30 FPS is smooth. Its not. It might be SMOOTHER but thats not the same as 60/120FPS. I'm really sorry.

Flight simming is different my friend, I’ve set up a half dozen systems like this for others and they all love it. But as you say if you can’t tolerate it, even though you may never have experienced it, don’t do it.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I never said MSFS runs @4k. Its the Monitor being a 4k one. Better read first.

My whole statement was in reference to 4k and I think it was pretty clear. 

Why would you make the point of saying you have a 4k monitor if you don't run 4k res? 77 inch display on 1080p? What's the point of bragging about 60fps if it's a blurry mess?

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 minute ago, joepoway said:

Flight simming is different my friend, I’ve set up a half dozen systems like this for others and they all love it. But as you say if you can’t tolerate it, even though you may never have experienced it, don’t do it.

Joe

I have tried it and it wasn't ejoyable for me. So i moved on.

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

2 minutes ago, joepoway said:

Joe

Unfortunately, this sim has attracted more of the gamer types who care more about that number on the bottom right of their screen than anything else. 

• Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Just now, bbain1187 said:

My whole statement was in reference to 4k and I think it was pretty clear. 

Why would you make the point of saying you have a 4k monitor if you don't run 4k res? 77 inch display on 1080p? What's the point of bragging about 60fps if it's a blurry mess?

Blurry mess? Not even close...I have barely played a game in 4k and i never had the feeling of a blurry mess. Why should it be one?

3 minutes ago, bbain1187 said:

Unfortunately, this sim has attracted more of the gamer types who care more about that number on the bottom right of their screen than anything else. 

So you're saying if someone likes to play at 60hz/fps hes more a gamer than a simmer? Come on!

Im into simming as well as gaming since i was a kid so don't tell me anything about it. Seriously...

Edited by ThomseN_inc

So you're saying if someone likes to play at 60hz/fps hes more a gamer than a simmer? Come on!

Im into simming as well as gaming since i was a kid so don't tell me anything about it. Seriously...

You're free to enjoy the sim as you want, but I can't fathom running 1080p on a 77 inch 4k. What a waste! I can't even stand 1080p on my 40 inch. 

Just give 30hz/4k a shot. You'll thank me later.

3 hours ago, bbain1187 said:

yeah, i call them the fps junkies, if it doesnt do 60 fps at least, its not worth playing.

lets be glad they quit soon.

4 hours ago, wim123 said:

yeah, i call them the fps junkies, if it doesnt do 60 fps at least, its not worth playing.

lets be glad they quit soon.

Seems to attract old fashioned people who live in the past and can't extend their own horizon too!

• Like 1

My original finding of this was slightly different.

Set 30 in Nvidia inspector but 60 in SIM. No vert sync. Setting 30 in SIM gives you 15 FPS !!!

Works with a monitor set at 30hz.

Nvidia half refresh rate does NOT work.

BUT ... a better solution that is even smoother is Bert Pieke'ssuggestion for P3D.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/553608-frustrated-with-setting-monitor-to-30hz-an-alternative/

Ignore Nvidia, take off vert sync in the SIM and simply set Scan Sync = X/2 and set value to -1 ....  using RIVATUNER SS from MSi Afterburner.

Keep your monitor at 60 so no mouse lag .

This gives fluid 30 FPS..... absolutely THE best solution for a 60 Hz non G sync monitor.

Edited by Gabe777

On 8/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, Ricardo41 said:

....here we go with the voodoo fixes. 

I found that NOT running the sim at all and just staring at the desktop icon gives me frame rates in the thousands. Try it!

Try my suggestion. You'll thank me. Above post. Only one  setting needed. Vert sync is busted in game at anything below 30.

RivaTuner fixes it.

10 minutes ago, Gabe777 said:

Ignore Nvidia, take off vert sync in the SIM and simply set Scan Sync = X/2 and set value to -1 ....  using RIVATUNER SS from MSi Afterburner.

Euhm.. Scan Sync to X/2 and set value to -1.

I recon X is the monitors refreshrate here so lets take 60/2 = 30.

But then "set value to -1? What/which value?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

The box to the right of where you click through to get X/2.

Try it. It's frickin awesome as long as you are easily above 30 with your settings .

There's pictures in the thread linked to above.

Edited by Gabe777

Got it (didn't know the option x2 or x/2)!

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR