Sign in to follow this  
norman_99

Why adjusting control sensitivity is not the answer

4 minutes ago, Slides said:

I'm not picking holes. You're literally telling us that Asobo misled us and I'm telling you to stop making over the top clearly incorrect statements. 

Which other sim has made the changing environmental air mass interact with the airfoils? You really really must have something against Asobo that you can't even bring yourself to acknowledge the advancement they have made in the core.

No I DID NOT say Asobo misled anyone. I said that they pledged a new flight physics system but they clearly haven't, either through time constraints or perhaps other pressures. I never said they wouldn't in the future. I'm only repeating what they themselves announced. I'm afraid we've reached a similar stage to that of a few days ago. I did ask you then to stop making this personal.

• Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

I'm not being personal but you are - again. By all means disagree on the subject but yet again you are trying to run a personal baiting match. I have praised them many times for the scenery and the weather. That is not "barely" able to praise and you took a recent post out of context. I don't know why you need to keep personal baiting like this. STICK TO THE SUBJECT, not the person. I have already politely asked you to stop this once. I'm now doing so again.

If you can't see how you are taking this personally, then I don't know what to say. They delivered on their promise in the discovery series on aerodynamics. That doesn't mean the FM is perfect or in same cases even half good. The A320 is pure trash. You of all people should know that changing one aspect of an FM breaks something else and it is complex problem to solve. 

You refusing to give them any credit on a never before done air mass simulation speaks for itself. Over and out.

• Like 2

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

1 minute ago, robert young said:

I said that they pledged a new flight physics system but they clearly haven't,

But they HAVE! You keep saying that but it's not true.

So Robert, was side slips possible in FSX? in default aircraft? was the effect of wind anything like it is now? the effects of what wheel you land on etc, etc etc was that all in the default FSX airfraft and was side slips not the work of taking the flight dynamics outside the sim to make an aircraft side slip?

Sorry Robert I am losing all the respect you built up over the years with you engender here. I have no idea why you seem so hell bent on butting this sim down and I would not say my idea of praise is “ graphically speaking they've done a fair job.”.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Just now, Nyxx said:

“ graphically speaking they've done a fair job.” is that your idea of praise?

I said that in another context a few posts ago. You are forgetting that SEVERAL times in this and other threads I have said they did a fabulous job on the scenery and weather. But you are picking on ONE post that had a different context. Are you requiring me to pass your personal test of what adjective is satisfactory for you? I know you disagree on many points. That's ok. Then stick to the subject and argue your case by addressing the subject, not by trying to analyse every word in order to make personal digs. Thank you.

• Like 2

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

2 minutes ago, robert young said:

I said that in another context a few posts ago. You are forgetting that SEVERAL times in this and other threads I have said they did a fabulous job on the scenery and weather. But you are picking on ONE post that had a different context. Are you requiring me to pass your personal test of what adjective is satisfactory for you? I know you disagree on many points. That's ok. Then stick to the subject and argue your case by addressing the subject, not by trying to analyse every word in order to make personal digs. Thank you.

I am and your not replying to my point on side slip etc are you? Could you do side slips in FSX in anything but an add on aircraft? yes or no?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Language is important. It tells intent. That's the only way we have to judge someone online. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

So Robert, was side slips possible in FSX? in default aircraft? was the effect of wind anything like it is now? the effects of what wheel you land on etc, etc etc was that all in the default FSX airfraft and was side slips not the work of taking the flight dynamics outside the sim to make an aircraft side slip?

No. We enabled side slipping as far back as 2003 with the Siai Marchetti Sf260 for FS9 and subsequently for FSX.  So yes it was possible in FSX but it was not done, and no, we did not do anything outside the sim. We used the standard core flight physics.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, robert young said:

No I DID NOT say Asobo misled anyone. I said that they pledged a new flight physics system but they clearly haven't, either through time constraints or perhaps other pressures.

Do you have proof for that statement? I mean real factual proof! Not some indication like legacy files that could exist next to potential other resources or that you were not able to find anything in the SDK.

Cause if so, this would be a plain lie from the CEO of ASOBO:

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

14 minutes ago, robert young said:

No. We enabled side slipping as far back as 2003 with the Siai Marchetti Sf260 for FS9 and subsequently for FSX.  So yes it was possible in FSX but it was not done, and no, we did not do anything outside the sim. We used the standard core flight physics.

OK twist my word.

Could a default aircraft do slips in FSX? yes or no. NOT ADDONS

Also you come across as you have an genera against the sim not someone that wants to help improve it.  That's how your coming across all the time.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Do you have prove for that statement? I mean real factual prove, not some indication like legacy files that could exist next to potential other resources.

This is getting a bit much. I don't have to prove anything to you and you are not my judge. A statement was made by Asobo that for now they had not implemented what they panned to implement. That does not mean they misled anyone and I never stated so. It is not a lie to fall short of what one hoped for. They are obviously under a lot of time pressures. What they have done is slightly alter the legacy system with their "modern" flight model, which is a different approach but not a radical one. I am not blaming them for this.

All I have said is that whatever system they are using, the flight models are quite disappointing, and as you see many others agree with me, but not all. By all means disagree with me, but it very much looks like you are searching for "cracks" in language or interpretation to have a bit of a swipe, along with two other posters.

The vast majority here are arguing their views with civility and sticking to the subject. I do hope you can contribute in that spirit.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, robert young said:

A statement was made by Asobo that for now they had not implemented what they panned to implement.

Where? I remember you claimed this but "forgot" where this claim was made. 

4 minutes ago, robert young said:

All I have said is that whatever system they are using, the flight models are quite disappointing,

No, you are claiming they "promised" and did not deliver and made "schoolboy" errors. As smart as you are, I bet there at least 20 engineers at Asobo that are smarter than you. Not saying they can't make mistakes but the way you describe what they have done does not lead to a mature reasonable discussion. 

Edited by Slides

19 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

OK twist my word.

Could a default aircraft do slips in FSX? yes or no. NOT ADDONS

Also you come across as you have an genera against the sim not someone that wants to help improve it.  That's how your coming across all the time.

I didn't twist anything. Clearly a default aircraft could have performed sideslips if someone at the time had tweaked the physics to do so. So the answer is yes, it was and is possible whether it is a default aircraft or some addon. 

8 minutes ago, robert young said:

This is getting a bit much. I don't have to prove anything to you and you are not my judge.

OK, that's all I needed to know. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

41 minutes ago, tweekz said:

Do you have proof for that statement? I mean real factual proof! Not some indication like legacy files that could exist next to potential other resources or that you were not able to find anything in the SDK.

I could model a full size horse in clay... I could model 1000 sections of the lump of clay. And spend a lot of time on it.

But, it aint  gonna be a Michelangelo!

It's not how many points you attend to... it's what you do to them.