Sign in to follow this  
kaosfere

I'm not having a terrible time with MSFS.

I hope this isn't seen as redundant or overly self-indulgent, but I felt a need to actually make a positive comment.    It's the nature of the internet that negative voices tend to dominate topics like this because the people who are content don't feel the need to make a lot of fuss and noise.   MSFS is a massive project, with literal decades of history behind it, and comes with a lot of anticipation and sky-high expectations.   It also includes among its audience a fair number of folks who have very specific and demanding desires, many of whom are rather resistant to change.   Given that, it's both natural, and predictable, for there to be a fair amount of complaining happening here.

Reading the forum, one could get the idea that MSFS is a horrible, bug-ridden project that everyone regrets buying.   I suspect that, for most people, that's not the case -- and that the people who *aren't* having issues are just off happily flying around in amazing scenery in fairly well modeled planes rather than posting here.   So I wanted to take a moment from just that myself simply to say "My time hasn't been flawless, but overall it's been great, and I'm perfectly happy with this as a day 1 product.  It's exactly what I expected it to be, and really dang cool."

Hopefully there are plenty more people who feel like me out there.

(I'm not going to thread-police, but I'd suggest that if you're going to respond in order to mention how disappointed you are, you might want to create your own thread for it or join in one of the many others.   There's plenty of space out there for you to voice your negative reactions.)

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 33
  • Upvote 3

Very impressed so far, had a glitch with the download and had to restart halfway. But it at least restarted including the data already downloaded.

Overall imo it's a winner.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

Count me in the pile of people with a positive vibe towards the success of FS2020 as we make progress. I know it can only get better from now on .

• Like 7

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Spot on! Thanks Asobo and Microsoft for an amazing flight sim.

Now Asobo/Microsoft... back to work, lets fix some things together.

• Like 5

I'm more than happy so far, fortunately I've always been one who sides with optimism and patience when it comes to Sims from a variety of types.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

It is an impressive looking platform to build the future of flight sim on. It starts now and will develop from here. As a bit of a geography nerd I'm enjoying the unprecedented views and exploration opportunities this sim offers already.

• Like 7

Agree, the first few flights were a rather positive experience for me as well. I run into a few bugs, but this seems to be the norm nowadays (call it "agile development" or "devops" or whatever) and will probably be fixed fast. The stock airliners aren't too bad (considering what we've got back with F9 or FSX) and I was surprised the FMS actually worked ;)

Can't wait for PMDG's 737, though... :-)

• Like 3

Just did my first flight in the 172.  First thoughts are it needed another couple months of testing.  But this is the future.  The bugs will be ironed out.  The scenery is amazing.  Live weather is broke.  Setting up unsupported hardware is a nightmare.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

Im happy too. I deleted my xp folder today, 700gb of ortho. 
all good here.

• Like 3

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

Pretty happy with myself. Wasn't happy with the download speed/stability, which took a long time and crashed a few times, which was an insult to us proud people of Kiribata.  Oh and my house in the sim looks bugger all like the real one. Am I bothered? Nope.

Having lots of fun with it.

• Like 8

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Pretty happy with myself. Wasn't happy with the download speed/stability, which took a long time and crashed a few times, which was an insult to us proud people of Kiribata.  Oh and my house in the sim looks bugger all like the real one. Am I bothered? Nope.

Having lots of fun with it.

Did you stream anything yet ?  

• Like 2

Semper Fi 

Agree. I took a dive fully expecting a bug ridden beta in exchange for my 120 USD. Then came the struggle with the download. Took me two attempts and nearly a day. But, I have to say that I am impressed after taking my first flight on the C172 around my home town at Ultra settings. This has been my best first flight experience compared with FS 2002, 2004 or FSX over a decade ago. As a foundation for future addons I see limitless possibilities and many hours of entertainment. Feels like 2002 once more, when I first discovered the joy of flight simming.

• Like 4

I know the sim needs some more work, but I had a good time with MSFS, both the alpha and final release. They even made improvements to LPMA, which I'm really happy about.

Edited by JSilva
  • Like 3

Júnior Silva