Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

Increase the resolution of photogrammetry autogen

Toronto looks much better than that to me, viewed from CYTZ. You didn't mention your graphic setting. I'm on High. Are you sure that you don't have the Azure streaming option turned off?

18 minutes ago, zemez said:

I say it is always good to report it. At least they know then what is important for people.

I have filed a Zendesk report, Let's wait and see. Ininitally I wanted to ask in the FS forums but oh boy, is like a battleground between whiners and fan boys 😅

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

7 minutes ago, DebauchedSloth said:

Toronto looks much better than that to me, viewed from CYTZ. You didn't mention your graphic setting. I'm on High. Are you sure that you don't have the Azure streaming option turned off?

Ultra and yes is On

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

They may be leaving it up to add-on developers to hand craft important landmarks. Like Orbx's has done for London... or they may handcraft more of these as time and development progresses.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

In the "data" section of options there is a place that you can create a manual cache and download areas that you fly in frequently so the scenery doesn't have to stream.  You can download in low, medium or high quality.  I haven't done it yet, but my sense is it would solve the problem, at least in the areas you fly most often. 

11 minutes ago, DebauchedSloth said:

Without an image, it is impossible to assess whether or not your statement is factual. The OP is trying to assess whether or not this is a bug and, with all due respect, a claim without evidence that it should be "better" is not helpful...

I cannot see your screenshot, but does downloading the GTA onto Manual Cache improve things for you? I did that and am pretty happy with the buildings downtown. As long as I don't go ground level, the scenery is really good for my eyes.Queen's Park, U of T, the Annex, Little Italy all look fine from 1500ft in the air. Same for Bay St and downtown core.

I did notice that Credit River is on top of an escarpment between Oakville and Mississauga.

Edited by ammark

Windows 10 Home 64-bit; CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K; GPU: GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super 8GB; MB: Gigabyte Z87-HD3; RAM: 32GB@1866 MHz; HD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD x 2, ; Display: 3840x1080 (Samsung 1080p/60 24" + Samsung 1080p/60 24")

2 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Ultra and yes is On

My apologies. I was going from (faulty) memory when I posted earlier. Now that I'm home, I fired up the sim and found pretty much the same thing that you are seeing.

11 hours ago, DebauchedSloth said:

My apologies. I was going from (faulty) memory when I posted earlier. Now that I'm home, I fired up the sim and found pretty much the same thing that you are seeing.

Same here. My sim looks like the screenshot as well now that I fired it up again.

However, it doesn't bother me much as the lighting effects on downtown at sunrise still wowed me once I took to the air. My specs are pretty avg if you see my sig, but I've set my graphics at high.

https://imgur.com/a/y7QEcNS

Edited by ammark

Windows 10 Home 64-bit; CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K; GPU: GEFORCE RTX 2060 Super 8GB; MB: Gigabyte Z87-HD3; RAM: 32GB@1866 MHz; HD: Samsung 850 Pro 500GB SSD x 2, ; Display: 3840x1080 (Samsung 1080p/60 24" + Samsung 1080p/60 24")

Champaign glasses clink in the Orbyx boardroom..... they can still sell lots of product.... 🤣

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

manual cache regions doesn't seem to fix anything. To be honest I find no added benefits whatsoever of creating manual regions. I have spent all day creating high quality regions using the manual cache and the problem with photogrammetry is still apparent. This has got to be an issue with the sim running out of VRAM. The problem is more apparent if you run the sim in 4K. Not so apparent when running at 1080p or 1440p I assume.

If you have decent internet speeds and there are no lag or issues between you and MS/Asobo's server than the cache features don't offer any benefits at all.

But this issue with those ugly, unrendered triangle looking 3d buildings and trees really need to be addressed. It looks amazing when it's rendered out fully but really bad when you look off into the distance and see a downtown full of obscure looking triangles.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

12 minutes ago, captain420 said:

manual cache regions doesn't seem to fix anything. To be honest I find no added benefits whatsoever of creating manual regions. I have spent all day creating high quality regions using the manual cache and the problem with photogrammetry is still apparent. This has got to be an issue with the sim running out of VRAM. The problem is more apparent if you run the sim in 4K. Not so apparent when running at 1080p or 1440p I assume.

If you have decent internet speeds and there are no lag or issues between you and MS/Asobo's server than the cache features don't offer any benefits at all.

But this issue with those ugly, unrendered triangle looking 3d buildings and trees really need to be addressed. It looks amazing when it's rendered out fully but really bad when you look off into the distance and see a downtown full of obscure looking triangles.

+1

Aaron we share same specs almost , why havent you upgraded to at least 16GB ram ?

Signature says 8GB

Edit : sorry i saw 32GB /8GB VRAM sorry 🙂

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Make sure Terrain Level of Detail is cranked to 200, if your system can handle it. This will improve the quality of distant photogrammetry somewhat.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

17 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

It wasn't like this early on....and we begged for a change but it didn't happen for release.  I have no idea why....  You can have the fastest PC but it will still look like that.

True but as you get closer it morphs into what it should look like, I'm seeing this on the gold coast Australia, hope it can be fixed looks aweful at times

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K