Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Word of warning: Dont buy London landmarks (orbx)!

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

That's what happens when the default scenery is so good that 3rd parties are so used to designing in mind for last gen flight sims such as X-Plane, P3D, FSX. Asobo/MS has raised the bar really high. It's time that the 3rd party developers raise theirs as well.

Yet i've just been looking at some of their other products that I assume are new? Leeds-Bradford and Innsbruck in particular and they look absolutely stunning.

Even so, this London thing puts a blot on their copybook for me as a potential new customer to their products. The screenshots they show conveniently leave out the landmarks they have seemingly worsened and it seems like nothing more than something to get out there for some quick cashflow.

Granted i've got no experience with them and could be wide of the mark when assuming their intentions. First impressions sell though.

• Like 1

Good thing this video is up hopefully they can do some kind of update to revisit this area . 

• Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

This  is really unbelievable. What a mess and uggly textures. Time to hold off ORBX buying for a couple of months! How can they deliver such a mess for such a stunning grafics product? I did hold back LOWI and looked at the standard MSFS Airport and decided to wait with buying products. But instead of maiking a real nice showcase they decided to pull us over the table! 

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

First time I really noticed how incredibly detailed the stock POI buildings are. Actual writing on the Arc de Triomphe! I guess Asobo are planning things way beyond flying with these creations. 😮

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, RudyB24 said:

Come on people ... you've all set your expectations too high ... these are default buildings... can't expect high fidelity.

(Sorry ... couldn't help myself ... )

It's a third party add on....

• Like 3

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

From the Orbx forums which the topic is now locked as a known issue and is to be fixed:

To that end we will take feedback on some the most highly sought after Landmarks and create higher definition models as a free upgrade, taking into account the sim performance at the same time

• Like 2

I hope this sends a message to all the 3PDs that we won’t settle for just the same old cut and paste jobs of the old tired scenery of the past, the gap between default and payware scenery has drastically closed and we expect a lot more from them.

• Like 9

Is anyone here using the new OrbX addon airports for MSFS? I read they're currently lacking some functionality, like frequencies and procedures?

1 minute ago, ahsmatt7 said:

It's a third party add on....

I know ... it was a silly joke.

For weeks I have read that if you buy a flight simulator, you should not set your expectations too high on the fidelity of the airplanes included, they are just 'default' planes and apparently we should not expect much of those.

Now there are complaints about an add on that is supposed to have nice detailed buildings. Apparently they are not high fidelity ... hence my silly reflex 'we shouldn't expect too much'.

• Like 1

Always have fun --0-- Flight Sim Navigation

23 minutes ago, David Roch said:

No way to put a single $ in an addon which doesn't use 100% MSFS technology.

This is the approach I am taking with this simulator, being quite careful about what add-ons I purchase, and simple ports from P3D or XP are not going to cut it. While we will all agree there is more work to do on the platform, ABOSO has put a lot of thought and effort into it and raised the bar considerably, especially when it comes to scenery. I want a 3rd party ecosystem, but one that truly builds on what the base platform has to offer, that really extends it. Assuming this is not an install issue, I am quite disappointed to see this and will take more time to consider ORBX products for this simulator.

Edited by Cognita
  • Like 6

Dan Scott

14 minutes ago, David Roch said:

No way to put a single $ in an addon which doesn't use 100% MSFS technology.

This is the approach I am taking with this simulator, being quite careful about what add-ons I purchase, and simple ports from P3D or XP are not going to cut it. While we will all agree there is more work to do on the platform, ABOSO has put a lot of thought and effort into it and raised the bar considerably, especially when it comes to scenery. I want a 3rd party ecosystem, but one that Assuming this is not an install issue, I am quite disappointed to see this and will take more time to consider ORBX products for this simulator.

Dan Scott

What a time to be alive , the day MSFS  default outshines ORBX !!!!

• Like 20

1 minute ago, RudyB24 said:

I know ... it was a silly joke.

For weeks I have read that if you buy a flight simulator, you should not set your expectations too high on the fidelity of the airplanes included, they are just 'default' planes and apparently we should not expect much of those.

Now there are complaints about an add on that is supposed to have nice detailed buildings. Apparently they are not high fidelity ... hence my silly reflex 'we shouldn't expect too much'.

I get where you were going but it's apples to oranges.

Personally, if it's worse than default or the same quality as default, it should be free. 

This wasn't....which is why it's apparently a big deal.

Kind of like PMDG charging what they do then handing out word not allowed quality. ( That's not my personal opinion of PMDG). If that happened, people would be livid.

• Like 1

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

This is why i'm not upset PMDG isn't releasing the 737 until Q1 2021. Take your time and get it right. Don't just throw a product out at release to grab all the money you can. 

• Like 7