Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Word of warning: Dont buy London landmarks (orbx)!

2 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Well, I dont know your flying style, but if I was me (which I am, fortunately), I would buy it right away and start enjoying the heck out of it. You have no idea what a great time Im having in MSFS! I am sleep deprived, and I eat way more chocolate than I should 😄 

So how did I do guessing that you were going to love it?  Like me waiting for the fixes and reporting the bad stuff and in the meantime enjoying the heck out of what you can for now right? 😉

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

I purchased Orcas as it was only 7 bucks as a previous owner (P3D).  I was not expecting greatness and I was not disappointed.  It was P3D quality but better than the FS default.  Worth 7 bucks.

The London thing is just sad, especially coming from Orbx.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, lambourne said:

Commercially it's obvious what they did: struck a deal with MS not to let Asobo create too many London specific scenery objects so Orbx could fill that specially created niche, with a profit share on the sales. Default London has obvious gaps (St Paul's Cathedral for example) left for Orbx to fill. I'm angry that these people suckered me and many others in with this.

Microsoft actually did this all over the place and they even admit to it in an interview.  THAT is ridiculous to me.  Just make what you're making and if someone makes something better and I want it then I will spend the extra to get it.  But to purposely not model things so others could is obvious their goal was to just back the dump truck up to the bank.  I understand it's to make money but when you are that transparent of the ultimate goal it actually stings a bit but thankfully keeps things in perspective.

• Like 1

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

2 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Good! But they were supposed to not be there in the first place. It looks like a rushed port, in my opinion. Any QA team should have reported that prior to the release.

EGPH and LGKO where also the same rushed out and not tested

p3dv5  rushed out and not finished  

aerosoft a330 rushed and not finished,  have to install fonts, also problems with lorbi si addon manager

crj rushed out and not tested flyed in circles for a couple of years

numerous other scenerys rushed out and not tested

PMDG 747 ctd when changing views on v5 (before hf2)  not test but sent out anyways .

alot of developers dont give a toss anymore,  once they got your money they fix it aterwards.

been saying if for years and it all started airsimmer a320 some 12 years ago , and then the same thing copied  by captainsim with ther pay to beta,  then blackbox with "prologue"  shortly afterwards.   its been a cancer on the community ever since.  and us comsumers are suckers for it.

one word..  MONEY

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 4

14ppkc-6.png

The same can be said for their LOWI release.Take a look at the textures at the back of the airport. A disgrace. Stick with the handcrafted LOWI you get with the Premium version.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

This is what happens when we let developers the green light to lower the standards. It starts with "ohh its default so i dont expect much, it can look bad, function bad etc...". So now they expect us to say "ohh its less then $10 so what do you expect....". 

Edited by roi1862
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Roi Ben

This is very disappointing - especially as I bought it yesterday (and London City today), serves me right for rushing into things.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Have you guys seen this post?

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198480-microsoft-flight-simulator-post-release/?fbclid=IwAR32xbDKC07dBAl8P2n5kx1LlSN0yT2p21W4p2H_YfR2Hpni2DzuXvIbsyQ

"These Landmarks are designed and optimised to be enjoyed whilst exploring from above but we understand that some will want to get up real close. To that end we will take feedback on some the most highly sought after Landmarks and create higher definition models as a free upgrade, taking into account the sim performance at the same time. It is not hard to make high def buildings and textures, but the sim performance will degrade substantially if those files get too big!"

To me this makes sense. Asobo created some very high res buildings but they created a dozen of them. ORBX created much much more. So obviously they had to cut on resolution, to me this makes sense. And personally, I know its fun to fly close to buildings but in a realistic flight you wouldn't do that. Its more than enough to look amazing from some distance.

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Thank you! I was about to purchase it.

Looks pathetic up close, what a dud and cash grab. 👎👎👎

Orbx made no effort at all!

It's actually a downgrade for the excellent models Asobo made! 

Shameful! 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

3 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Their airports look fine IMO, it's just the landmarks.

No, they are pulling the same stunt with LEEDS airport as well. The texture for the parking lot looks extremely bad. It's clear as day what they're trying to do here, and that's simply porting old textures into the new sim and calling it a day. Talk about being lazy and out to make a quick buck. They really need to ante up their game, especially when it comes to the new mfs. Bad and outdated textures stand out like a sore thumb in the new sim and most of us will be able to spot the difference, don't think that we can't and just simply be fine with it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU