Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Word of warning: Dont buy London landmarks (orbx)!

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

From the pre-release screenshots and videos you already got a clear impression of the quality of this product. Yes, the quality of the textures is very low (and so‘s the price), but I don‘t see any attempts of concealment or deception.

The deception is they failed to show textures and models up close and customers would be expecting nothing less than Asobo level quality.

Compared to Asobo's efforts Orbx London is a disgrace and should be removed from the store asap, or just given away free. It's not worth $10.

Why is there no ability to read reviews for products in the store?  Orbx London has only 3 stars. People are clearly not happy.

Can it be refunded?

Glad I didn't buy it.

Edited by MatthewS
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

13 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

The deception is they failed to show textures and models up close and customers would be expected nothing less than Asobo level quality.

The biggest problem I have with OrbX marketing screenshots is that they often don't show their products in detail and emphasize environmental lighting or weather effects that don't have anything to do with their own products.

Like this. I guess there's an airport there, but I don't have my sunglasses on so I can't be sure.

5f3374cc659e0-400x225.jpg

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Honestly all Orbx really needs to do is just fix up the airports and the surrounding landmarks and leave everything else as is.  The stock MSFS is awesome.

• Like 1

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Meh,  The night lighting critique is definitely on point, but I'm satisfied with the pack.  looks more like London with it than without it.  at flying altitudes it looks good, which after all is the point.

I do think they rushed the product to market after seeing the forum rage over preview videos of Asobo's London, which at the time was deemed unacceptable, unfit and an abomination.  of course now, it is perfect and wonderful, and Orbx should have just left it alone.  First one through the door gets the machine gun in the face, I guess.

• Like 1

I bought orbx KORS and Tacoma not really impressed with either both are missing grass and lots of the little details found in the fsx/p3d versions I noticed this also on some of their XP11 scenery ports ie missing small details. I think orbx is a bit full of itself and is just going for a cash grab. I noticed that John is no longer in charge over there.

• Like 1

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

10 hours ago, d25bev said:

They've literally copied & pasted 20yr old models into a 2020 game

This statement is not correct.

Where from the year 2000 did these models come from? Very interesting especially since the Shard building only started being built in 2009. 

1 hour ago, ShawnG said:

Meh,  The night lighting critique is definitely on point, but I'm satisfied with the pack.  looks more like London with it than without it.  at flying altitudes it looks good, which after all is the point.

[...]

you are partially right, it is bettere to have low res buckingham palace and london eye that not have them at all, but why replace perfectly sculpted buildings with lower quality counterparts?

How can anyone be so upset about 8$ ? ORBX already say they will try to fix based on feedback. Can we lay down the pitchfork ?

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, NZ255 said:

This statement is not correct.

Where from the year 2000 did these models come from? Very interesting especially since the Shard building only started being built in 2009. 

And they've added older buildings too. For example, Lambeth Palace opposite Westminster (which dates from the 1400s).

Personally I'm fine with this add-on. Cost barely anything, in return I have hundreds of buildings which make London look like London. I'm not going to be standing in the courtyard at Buckingham Palace worrying that the pediment on the 2nd floor windows doesn't show the anti-pigeon spikes that were added in 2018. I'm going to be flying at 1000ft+ 

Maybe when helicopters come this will stuff will matter more & the Emergency Queen Rescue mission will be badly marred.

🙂 

This is a disgrace and it should be pulled off the marketplace immediately.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I'm so tired of ORBX. The company used to be known for high quality addons. But now?

Lots of buggy launches, lots of quality assurance issues. For months they were selling scenery as compatible with P3D5 that had serious issues/bugs. Their ObjectFlow plugin caused sim crashes for months. They rushed to get EGLC out for MSFS on release but haven't even managed to update it for P3D5 to this day, four months after v5 release.

Getting actual support is just pure luck since they sometimes ignore you on the forums and there's no way to get customer support via an e-mail or a ticket system. How some people hold this awful company still in such high regard is a mystery to me. They publish the works of some very good developers and that's it.

It's funny how Aerosoft often gets criticized but compared to ORBX their support and business practices are miles ahead these days.

Edited by flycln
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, fogboundturtle said:

How can anyone be so upset about 8$ ? ORBX already say they will try to fix based on feedback. Can we lay down the pitchfork ?

Because it actually makes the sim worse in some areas by replacing MSFS models with ones the Orbx presumably got from some old C64 program.

That’s lazy developing, and could easily be avoided if they’d been paying any attention to what they were doing. 

• Like 6

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Yep, it's true! I bought it on release day. I'll give them a couple of weeks to rectify this travesty before I uninstall it. On balance I think I would rather be patient and wait for Asobo and Blackshark AI to get around to polishing those slightly dodgy areas. I will be very wary from now on when purchasing any 3rd party scenery, it's a shame because Orbx had a great rep, until now!

Edited by SierraHotel
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Like the Carenado 182, this is a short-term cash grab, because they know that trad flightsimmers love buying addons!

(I’m in that box, i’d bought 2 orbx airports before MSFS had even been released in the non-Kiribatian world!)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."