Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Word of warning: Dont buy London landmarks (orbx)!

10 hours ago, MatthewS said:

Does the FS2020 store give refunds? They should....  Steam does, no questions asked.

Any add-on that does not meet the high standards set by Asobo is "unfit for purpose" and the seller must give the customer a refund if they want (under Australian law anyway, AFAIK).

Clearly, Orbx have concealed the defects in this product and mislead the consumer. 🤬

Instant refund, no questions asked.  

Isn't ORBX an Australian company anyway?! 🦘😂

Jesse Casserly 👌🏼

Add me as a friend to go fly on MSFS: JesseC757

https://www.youtube.com/user/JesseCasserly757

💻 i7-10750H 2.6 GHz / 5.0 GHz, 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, 1TB HDD, RTX 2080 Super

Saitek X-56 HOTAS

6 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Like the Carenado 182, this is a short-term cash grab, because they know that trad flightsimmers love buying addons!

(I’m in that box, i’d bought 2 orbx airports before MSFS had even been released in the non-Kiribatian world!)

I also bought London City, which to be fair is very nice. I really hope they (Orbx) step up and bring the London scenery up to Asobo standards.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

5 hours ago, MatthewS said:

The deception is they failed to show textures and models up close and customers would be expecting nothing less than Asobo level quality.

I bought it in the full knowledge of what to expect. I had a careful look at the screenshots and watched the FSElite preview video. The screenshots clearly showed all the weaknesses. I don‘t want to defend Orbx‘s half-hearted work here, but I think it‘s understandable that they don‘t show shots taken from 5 meters. It‘s advertisement after all. And to be fair, normally you don‘t fly that low. Asobo too only showed close-ups of the things that look good, and not eg. the Matterhorn that‘s not even recognizable. I bought it because I didn‘t care about the 8$, and despite all its shortcomings London still looks a lot better than by default when you fly „normally“. It is what it is, a low-quality product for a low price. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

47 minutes ago, TOGA-saurus said:

Isn't ORBX an Australian company anyway?! 🦘😂

Yes, I think they have an Office in the UK. But head office is Aussie.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

From what I’ve read this is a clear example of rushing a product for release to match the FS2020 launch. The marketplace is a huge opportunity for new and old developers to really establish themselves in association with the top selling flight sim platform. Regardless of price, quality and customer satisfaction must be maintained. Retractions and patches for addons is obviously not the way to go to build or maintain a reputation in this industry. Without some sort of quality check in the marketplace, a partnership with MS2020 will quickly dive or flourish. 

• Like 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

Maybe ORBx are trying to grab as much cash as they can before the apocalypse?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It *appears* that they're listening:

We want to let you know that we are aware of an issue in the Landmarks London City Pack for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

This issue affects a small number of the 400+ landmarks available, where they do not match up with the quality of those already in-sim.

A fix this is already in development, and will be made available very soon through Orbx Central, and - as soon as it is approved - in the Microsoft Flight Simulator in-sim Marketplace.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198593-landmarks-london-city-pack-for-msfs/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Reading between the lines that just sounds like they'll reinstate the stuff they replaced with inferior versions (odd they did that to start with). Gosh I've got cynical!

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

14 minutes ago, ckyliu said:

Reading between the lines that just sounds like they'll reinstate the stuff they replaced with inferior versions (odd they did that to start with). Gosh I've got cynical!

I don't think that is cynicism. I think that's exactly what they'll do.

Are they also going to fix the water hills, I wonder?

Or the lack of undulating runway at London City which is present in the default?

Edited by spacedyemeerkat
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, flying_w said:

The marketplace seems to have a review rating of up to 5 stars attatched to each product.  Where does one read the reviews, ala Amazon?

It seems it's only possible to give a star rating. Probably to cut out the requirement for moderation, I'd imagine.

They make tons of addons and one or two addons go crappy at launch - it happens.  I am 100% sure it will sorted out and these threads will be part of history.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

"we are aware of an issue in the Landmarks London City Pack"

Doesn't sound great to me. It has several issue's;
1. Low-res buildings
2. Noticeable wrong heights & placements
3. Poorly implemented bridges
4. Odd night lighting to default
5. Night lighting that turns on/off at a different time to default
6. HMS Belfast pointing the wrong way & using hideous lighting it only uses a few weeks a year

• Like 3

4 hours ago, d25bev said:

"we are aware of an issue in the Landmarks London City Pack"

Doesn't sound great to me. It has several issue's;
1. Low-res buildings
2. Noticeable wrong heights & placements
3. Poorly implemented bridges
4. Odd night lighting to default
5. Night lighting that turns on/off at a different time to default
6. HMS Belfast pointing the wrong way & using hideous lighting it only uses a few weeks a year

Over on the Orbx forums, there's quite a few locked threads on this topic.

Orbx forum members consider the initial response from the company to be condescending.

Orbx has probably added to the drama rather than extinguishing the flames.

Company is under new management (new CEO, Korby seems to have been sidelined?) so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Not a great start to their MSFS career.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 8/20/2020 at 1:26 PM, spacedyemeerkat said:

I don't think that is cynicism. I think that's exactly what they'll do.

Are they also going to fix the water hills, I wonder?

Or the lack of undulating runway at London City which is present in the default?

Orbx have stated on their forums that they accept there are no undulations on the runway as there should be at London City and they are looking at a fix for this and will ensure that all future releases correctly reflect the terrain of the airport...

Now we just have to wait and see how long they take.

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.