Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Word of warning: Dont buy London landmarks (orbx)!

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I think that a lot of developers are currently suffering from intense intestinal distress, because for the first in the history of simming we're asking: is this addon as good as the default?

Exactly!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

I think that a lot of developers are currently suffering from intense intestinal distress, because for the first in the history of simming we're asking: is this addon as good as the default?

Yeah.....for me...I believe the devs with the biggest worry are the environment enhancers (we all know who they are so I won't start name-dropping).

I simply can't fathom environmental conditions better than what I'm seeing out of the box...

JqbuIi.jpg

The immersion factor of flying into a sunrise/sunset, the haze, the almost-tactile "feeling" of the dense cool air of the sunrise depicted above.....I would be genuinely surprised if the top 2 environmental devs out there can top this.

I give them the same challenge I made to ORBX:  Your turn....make THIS better...Impress me.  I dare you. 🙂

If you do, I will happily share my credit card info with you. 😉 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 minutes ago, JerryT87 said:

But is it as good as the Asobo sounds out of the box? It should be at least to that standard. Thats the point I was making. That is the new minimum for sounds now, "not the best sound" isn't good enough for me.

The 3rd party guys have a lot of work to do to meet the new minimum standards now in place. Its going to be a bit of a painful process I think.

Nah, it's not 'blow your socks off good' which for 24 quid it really should be. But it's not terrible.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I gotta believe, that it will be a long time, if ever I buy additional scenery for 2020. Paying money for adding a few extra buildings or landmarks or minor corrections to already outstanding default scenery - scenery that is as good as or better than previously purchased stuff for previous sim platforms. Flying into a new airport now - all new to your eyes in the first place - would you know if a building was missing? 
I flew the Cessna this morning from CYFD (my home airport) towards Toronto and over my house. A route I fly quite often in real life. It was spectacular, accurate and detailed, right down to several landmarks, way beyond anything I have experienced in any simulator. There is so much to explore now, purchasing extra scenery packages just isn’t on my radar.

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

26 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

i only bought it because the london eye was missing but yeh i will quickly uninstall it.

They've released a patch which reinstates the default POIs and includes some other enhancements.

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/198683-updates-to-eglc-london-city-airport-landmarks-london-city-pack-and-ktiw-tacoma-narrows/

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

i have orbx central how do i get the patch

I don‘t know. I‘ll update it via the marketplace once it‘s available. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

11 hours ago, Reader said:

It is worth mentioning, though probably pointless in this topic, that the default EGLC runway, though undulating nicely, does not reflect the real world.

Exactly.
The runway is 150 ft elevation at both ends of the runway 17 ft elevation at 09 threshold and 19 ft elevation at 27 threshold. It's almost pancake flat as the airport is built on reclaimed land.
Criticism of Orbx is warranted for some of their MSFS product decisions. However, a lot of people have wrongly complained about an undulating runway that doesn't in the real world.
inlxDQk.jpg

Check the AIS aerodrome chart here:
https://www.aurora.nats.co.uk/htmlAIP/Publications/2020-08-13-AIRAC/graphics/185565.pdf

Edited by F737NG
Correction of data
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

20 minutes ago, F737NG said:

However, a lot of people have wrongly complained about an undulating runway that doesn't in the real world.

Alright, fair enough.

Do the ground services, tower, ATC, various frequencies, approach procedures, PAPI lights and ILS work by now or are they still missing?

Edited by Der Zeitgeist

Can I say I have london landmarks post patch it is excellant . Orbx made a mistake quickly rectified well done . It makes london well worth flying and a heck of a lot custom buildings landmarks . Well worth the money.

• Like 1

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

Quote from Orbx :---

---------------

the Orbx version of EGLC does not at present feature a sloping runway.

In fact, the real runway is virtually level but there is an internal discussion

of this in progress and things might change in the future.

------------------------------

In fact the whole runway slopes from west to east (not by much but it does and it was deliberate to help rain water run-off) and since the extensions and more frequent use there is a small dip towards the eastern end these days..  this is modelled in default (perhaps a little much but it does exist) but not in ORBX version.

Graham

(having had to get the survey poles out about  year ago to check the levels on the runway)

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

39 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Alright, fair enough.

Do the ground services, tower, ATC, various frequencies, approach procedures, PAPI lights and ILS work by now or are they still missing?

After the update the PAPI lights now work and basic tower for NAV/COM  the full list of updates was :-

• New 15cm updated ortho
  • Runway start points correctly placed
  • PAPIs now have correctly glideslope
  • Adjusted TDZ markings
  • Terminal glass now more opaque
  • POI lighting should now not be on during daylight
  • Fixed pontoon texture
  • Glowing POI walls fixed
  • Reinstated NAV/COM data

The palm beach fire trucks ARE still there though and no SID/STAR data, but ORBX have said they are looking into the SID/STAR 🙂

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Is there an argument for renaming this thread? I agree this wasn’t great first time around, but Orbx very very quickly made changes - in line with every experience I’ve had with them & I personally now think it is a worthwhile and reasonably priced add on. Just a thought 🙂

Nah this all still stinks to me.

All they cared about was getting products out for launch day to maximize revenue. What they should have cared about was spending time in creating quality products which would enhance the experience.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir